Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 27

Re: B.T infinity extremely slow upload speed

up to you it was just to show your problem and then compare if engineer says it is fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 27

Engineer came a few hours ago the upload speed sorted it's self out! He ran some tests said it looked a little slow on the download said something about resistance on the line! Said he'd go find it then the speed should go back it up! He never came back and the speed hasn't changed!
Why are the engineers so useless
0 Ratings
leeroy2009
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 27

ive just a enginer leave in the past few hours, i would not call my engineer useless at all, top bloke who went out of his way to help - more should be like the engineer i had at my house.

sammyd0
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 27

yes sorry my comment is unfair! just from my experioence of around 10 engineers over the 2 years weve had fiber only 1 has been any real help!

and he was the only one that sorted the on going issues we had around a year ago!

the other engineers like the one that came to the house today seem like programmed robots and seem to have no intrest in the problem or the job at hand! plugging a device into the wall and testing the speed which i could do my self then either leaving the issue or passing it on for someone else! 

im now going to have to call B.T again get another engineer out who will probably do the same thing because the other guy couldnt be bothered! if my speeds are slow why didnt he reset the profile like the guy who sorted are previous issues out did

0 Ratings
leeroy2009
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 27

sammy, i have had my fair share of open reach engineers over the years and some of them dont seem interested, and do talk down to you etc, but the one i had today was amazing, i belive this was due to our similar interests in pc gaming etc, and the fact we just got on togther, its a shame he cant come to your house

if i could get in touch with my guys management, id be telling them what a credit this guy is to openreach.

and i quote "if i had my way the aluminuim would be ripped out of your poles to cabniet and copper would be going in"

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 27

Leeroy2009

if you want to thank the engineer, see here. https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0a0e0c

leeroy2009
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 27

wow dreamer thank you, i most certanly will.

0 Ratings