cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 61 of 150

Re: BAD BAD MOTOGP COMMENTARY :-(

Was thinking of begrudgingly getting BT sport just for motogp but after watching highlights on itv4 last night my mind is made up.... no way!! The commentators are so **bleep** boring I would have turned it off had not been such a great race!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 62 of 150

Bt and ITV dont use the same comms team. do they?.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 63 of 150

as soon as BT announced the arrival of moto gp to their wonderful world, it was always going to be appalling as it was going to cost sky viewers 17 quids a month and eventually cost broadband and other bt users money (hence the star studded line up ready in the wings), mel sykes wouldnt know what way round to sit on a bike and ewan thomas whhhhhhaaaaaatttt oh! of course he owns a bike, well guess what so do i, do i qualify?? no of course not. Am i bitter that eurosport and the team lost it? of course. Even my partner said who is the guy with the monitone voice (Spalders), thats the kind of guy you would like to be stuck in a lift with!! i said why love, she said because he knows everything he needs to know about the glorious machines that grace our screens 18 times a year.....say no more BT, go for monkies instead of the organ grinders and you get a melee of **bleep**...Ryder brilliant as always, Parish very good mover for the channel, Heuwen typical mouthy know it all southerner who had a bash once....the commentary is bearable but i will be cancelling and enjoying highlights on a monday on itv!! tara 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 64 of 150

eurosport was bad, i cant agree with that. it was slightly dated but the whole team were epic. spalders was as monitone as they come but a man who has written two books regarding this beautiful competition has to be on the tv....and as for the passion over the years (albeit rossi dominated) could you imagine now with MM and his skills

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 65 of 150

robbi46:

Jebezus! It's "monotone" not "monitone" and you should really look up the word "sentence" and its use. And also, why do you have to bring up "typical mouthy know it all southerner". Smiley Mad

Back to the subject.

Bottom line: Commentators are paid professionals. I don't care about their personal preferences, opinions or life. They should commentate on the sport at hand in a neutral manner which enhances it for the viewer. This means NOT being offensive like laughing when a driver falls and potentially hurts himself and explain why he deserved it i.e. "just deserts" by Heuwen; not talking about what he had for breakfast and none of the other useless stuff..!! Stick to the sport at hand. Do we hear this rubbish in snooker, football, rugby, horse racing or any other sport you care to mention? Course not! So why should we put up with it in MotoGP?

If you can't do your job, they should leave or be sacked. Simple as.

Signed,

Mouthy Southerner Who Can At Least Write.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 66 of 150

This is the problem when one broadcaster has a monopoly. You can never please everyone and myself and many friends would be calling for Parish and Cox to be given the boot.

I agree there is too much focus on Rossi all the time though. But it's nothing compared to Brundle and Croft on on Sky's F1 coverage which at times could legitimately be called the official Hamilton show. 

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 67 of 150

Was anyone watching one of the practice sessions when the commentary feed went off for a short while, it was fantastic, you could fully hear the bikes howling out instead of them being drowned out by the constant yap yap yap of Heuwen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 68 of 150

BT getting desperate & they think wheeling in "Stavros" Parrish is the answer - God help us. The solution is to get rid of people not keep adding other no-hopers!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 69 of 150

I'd rather have Parrish anyday to Heuwen at least he takes a breath now and again, and doesn't have that horrible accent.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 150

Just one point.

The racing was pretty dam fine from Mugello - absolutely nothing was going to spoil that for me - if Jorge had one it that would have been the cherry on the top - can't have it all, that's what I say!
0 Ratings