cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 141 of 150

Re: BAD BAD MOTOGP COMMENTARY :-(

I totally agree, he patronizes Jules big time, bring Toby Moody back, and that stupid woman from f1 used to be good, but she's lost it now, stuttering and forgetting people's names, rubbish, more Craig less Perry
Highlighted
Message 142 of 150

Oh parish is a big headed plonker 😠 and doesn't wash his hands after going to toilet, seen him a iom tt, total plonker
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 143 of 150

Hodgson is a bumbling idiot, his start line interviews are legendarily **bleep**e. Get the northern idiot off

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 144 of 150

You missed your chance yesterday to listen to the Radio Silverstone commentary instead which I had in my ear while at the track, though I am not sure if the online stream was working (I was using an FM radio)?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 145 of 150

Omg, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't stand him! Argh!!! Bring back Toby moody...I literally want to turn them comentary off, he's atrocious. Talks and talks and talks, gets things totally wrong. He needs his P45. Sorry BT Sport but please get shot of him (and Toseland while your handing out the P45's!!)
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 146 of 150

BT please take heed of your customer comments!

Keith Huewen is ruining my MotoGP enjoyment.

During last the Malaysian GP coverage he was, ironically, complaining that we couldn't hear the different engine tones!!

PLEASE SHUT THE HELL UP and retire.

His incessant babbling, limited vocabulary and talking over the other commentary team members is a blight.

It is worse than watching Italian TV coverage.

Make way for someone who is more articulate, knowledeable and considerate.

A constant TV commentary is not necessary, concise and cogent opinion is required.

Given a choice of providers I would cancel my subscription to BT Sport right now to rid myself of Huewen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 147 of 150

I never fully understand why people complain about this type of thing. I DO understand, but not fully.

This thread was effectively started to criticise Keith Heuwens commentary skills. But over the 15 or so pages of this particular discussion, a lot of names for replacemnet commentators have been bandied about. And every time a new name is mentioned, it gets shot straight down by someone else.

Does everybody like Keith Heuwen? No, they don't.

Does everybody like Julian Ryder? No, they don't.

Does everybody like Neil Hodgson? No, they don't.

Does everybody like Toby Moody? No, they don't.

Does everybody like Charlie Cox? No, they don't.

Does everybody like Steve Parrish? No, they don't.

... and so on.

Can you see there is a pattern here?

Regardsless of who is chosen as part of the commentary team, there will always be a percentage of people not happy.

To slightly paraphrase an old saying;

"You can please SOME of the people ALL of the time. You can please ALL of the people SOME of the time. But you can't please ALL of the people ALL of the time'.

Different people like different commentary teams for different reasons. Some people like Suzuki's livery, and some don't. Some people like Rossi/Marquez/Lorenzo/Lowes/Bradl/whoever, and some don't.

Regardless of who is in the commentary team, regardless of how the show is presented and regardless of what format interviews/race reviews after race summary is carried out, not everyone will be happy with it. Sometimes, you just have to suck it up.

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 148 of 150

Well said petej728.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 149 of 150

Ressurection of an old but sadly still relevant thread...

Now that Ryder has thankfully gone, admittedly the lesser of the two idiots (seemingly a nice bloke), do we know who will replace him?

I agree with what most people have written about Heuwen. I can't stand his commentary style and while that may be a matter of taste I know that his arrogance, rudeness and airing of his personal views (often derogatory) live on TV is more than a sackable offence (or should that be offences). I assume that nasty little man will still be there **Edited**

By the way, a shout-out for Colin Edwards - by far the best of the team and if they were all to his standard, watching coverage of Motogp would be a genuinely pleasant experience.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 150 of 150

I've listened to Huewen since his Eurosport days, through Indycar to Moto GP, and I don't have a problem with him.

So, if I had the choice it would be Keith Huewen and Steve Parrish (hand washer or not 😲), but no Charlie Cox.

0 Ratings