cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 51 of 150

Re: BAD BAD MOTOGP COMMENTARY :-(

Was disappointed when the BBC lost the Moto GP to BT Sports but hoped the coverage would still be fairly good. Certainly cant knock the coverage as you get the Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto 3 all live for 4-5 hours or so, sadly the presentation team is shocking. Melanie Sykes is ok on the tv but Im afraid she has been found out on a live sport tv show where she seems to have very little knowledge of Moto GP. Neil Hodgson obviously has the knowledge but his presenting skills seem very wooden, particularly his grid walks. Glad to see they have replaced Mel with Craig Doyle who is a decent presenter. Now the worst part of all is those two clowns in the commentary box, they spend the whole race correcting each other and talking rubbish most of the time that they seem to forget what they are there to talk about, the amount of times I can see something going on in the race and they are talking about what they did yesterday, its shocking and very ammateur. Steve Parrish has been a studio guest for some of the rounds so do the sensible thing and get him in the box with a decent knowledgeable presenter alongside him. The BBC team was always very professional and knew what they were talking about, they should have tried to get Matt Roberts on the team aswell, overall the coverage is good but the commentators and presentation is simply not good enough considering the money that was spent
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 52 of 150

Was disappointed when the bbc lost the moto gp to BT Sports but hoped the coverage would still be fairly good. Certainly cant knock the coverage as you get the Moto GP, Moto 2 and Moto 3 all live for 4-5 hours or so, sadly the presentation team is shocking. Melanie Sykes is ok on the tv but Im afraid she has been found out on a live sport tv show where she seems to have very little knowledge of Moto GP. Neil Hodgson obviously has the knowledge but his presenting skills seem very wooden, particularly his grid walks. Glad to see they have replaced Mel with Craig Doyle who is a decent presenter. Now the worst part of all is those two clowns in the commentary box, they spend the whole race correcting each other and talking rubbish most of the time that they seem to forget what they are there to talk about, the amount of times I can see something going on in the race and they are talking about what they did yesterday, its shocking and very ammateur. Steve Parrish has been a studio guest for some of the rounds so do the sensible thing and get him in the box with a decent knowledgeable presenter alongside him. The BBC team was always very professional and knew what they were talking about, they should have tried to get Matt Roberts on the team aswell, overall the coverage is good but the commentators and presentation is simply not good enough considering the money that was spent
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 150

Could someone remind the Moto GP commentary team of Ryder and Huewen theres another 20 odd riders that they could mention besides Rossi.

Every other word is Rossi, Rossi this, Rossi that, and Rossi the other.

Anyone would think that Rossi was the only rider taking part.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 150

How on earth can you claim BBC commentary team were good when the lead commentator was that idiot Cox who,incidentally, came bottom in a MCN poll of favorite Motogp commentators??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 150

Im not an avid motogp watcher, but i watched tonights(22.15 sun) re-run of Italian GP, enjoyed the battle of Marquez v Lorenzo, pity the Doctor/Donkey couldn`t catch them, but i found the commentary okay, they seemed like a couple of mates chatting, to me the same as when the BBC had the coverage.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 56 of 150

People will complain about commentators whoever they are, personal taste are always very different... There were sooo many people saying they would leave if the commentary team has parish or cox in it before it was announced so for all the people that say they don't like the commentary team there would be twice as many complaining and saying they will leave if it was different people so let's sit back and enjoy and ignore all the people complaining..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 57 of 150

Yes it's down to personal preference but there's got to be something wrong when this many people complain. I joined BT just for the motoGP and it's annoying when the team is so poor.

Firstly there was Sykes, I don't care if the lead presenter doesn't know the sport that well that's not their job they have experts for that but they should be good presenters. Mel Sykes was terrible, really terrible, anyone off the street could have a better stab. Interrupting all the time just pathetic. Thank god they now have Craig Doyle who I actually think is good.

Then we come to the comms. I'm not a big fan of Ryder but I can put up with him but Keith is just awful. He talks **bleep**, doesn't talk about the action unless he has to. He is a total big head and corrects Ryder all the time. I also don't like his ancent. please BT surely you can do better. Steve parish is a million times better IMO. Or james whitham or even get Gavin Emmett to do comms with nick who he did the BBC comms with. Anything but Keith please !!!!!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 58 of 150

Actually spoiling my enjoyment of the sport, I'm finding myself tuning in late just so I don't have to listen to Keith. Just can't understand BT, they have a huge budget and they pick a bunch like Keith and Mel Sykes what were they thinking?...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 150

100% agree with you botch. Please BT sack Keith and Ryder and get Steve Parish and an other.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 60 of 150

Like i said, who is to say if you got Parish in 10 x more people would complain so then what.....

0 Ratings