cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BB Activation Issues @ Poplar exchange

I've recently switched from o2 to BT and my original activation date was the 12th Jan 11 but was then moved to the 19th then the 25th and now its some time next week. I'm on the poplar exchange (Bad, I know) and they claim that the reason for the date changing is because of "technical faults on the exchange", I'm starting to believe is a load of **bleep**.

So I have 4 questions...

1) Does it really take this long to fix the exchange?

2) Should I just give up and find another BB provider?

3) Is anyone else in the poplar area experiencing problems with the internet

4) Can anyone recommend the LEAST rubbish provider in the poplar area?

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BB Activation Issues @ Poplar exchange

if you use the search facility on the forum and enter 'poplar exchange' there are numerous posts about your exchange problem and may help answers your questions

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ITtech
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

I think he already has guru.
Click the star if my posts have helped.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

@AnimalFusion wrote:

I've recently switched from o2 to BT and my original activation date was the 12th Jan 11 but was then moved to the 19th then the 25th and now its some time next week. I'm on the poplar exchange (Bad, I know) and they claim that the reason for the date changing is because of "technical faults on the exchange", I'm starting to believe is a load of **bleep**.

So I have 4 questions...

1) Does it really take this long to fix the exchange?

2) Should I just give up and find another BB provider?

3) Is anyone else in the poplar area experiencing problems with the internet

4) Can anyone recommend the LEAST rubbish provider in the poplar area?

Thanks in advance

Poplar is renowned for  access problems it is possibly the most overcrowded exchange in the UK  and all providers suffer with capacity problems unfortunately  they are all suffering 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

@ITtech wrote:
I think he already has guru.

if that was true newbie he would not be asking if other people are having problems with the poplar exchangeSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ITtech
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

"Poplar is renowned for access problems it is possibly the most overcrowded exchange in the UK and all providers suffer with capacity problems unfortunately they are all suffering " Mmmmm ... not quite true. I have a pal whose connected at Poplar, he does ok. It depends on a few things, msan address, logical address on msan, msan contention, and virtual path contention. And whether the vp in question is hot.
Click the star if my posts have helped.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

In the case of llu operators at poplar a major capacity issue causing long waiting times for connections in some cases a wait until a cease happens is fact
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

Itec you seem to have a sarcastic attitued towards people we are all here to offer
Help to each other and anyone else who needs it
Most who post here need help in a simple form as they are non technical
I have been in the computer field nearly 30 years but still use basic simple answers to people
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 12

@john46 wrote:
In the case of llu operators at poplar a major capacity issue causing long waiting times for connections in some cases a wait until a cease happens is fact

John, not sure if you know this as a fact or have found the info elsewhere on the web?

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

D D Frompersonal contacts and historic exchange data
0 Ratings