cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbych783
Message 1 of 8

BB Connection Keeps dropping

HI

My BB connection keeps dropping, Keep getting page not found error. Have to wait upto 2 mins sometimes to reload. This can happen 2 or 3 time an hour

I have BT Total Braodband Option 2

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BB Connection Keeps dropping

welcome to the community forum where members help members

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the   adsl stats  from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester  and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
kerry32323
Message 3 of 8

Mine does too its driving me insane .. its only happened since they changed my modem had no problems before  .. I've spent 3 nights on the phone to BT and it hasn't achieved anything so far and I haven't heard anything since .. just tryiing again would love to know how to resolve this...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@kerry32323 wrote:

Mine does too its driving me insane .. its only happened since they changed my modem had no problems before  .. I've spent 3 nights on the phone to BT and it hasn't achieved anything so far and I haven't heard anything since .. just tryiing again would love to know how to resolve this...

as it may well not be the same problem with the same solution I would suggest you start your own subject and post the ame information I requested - router stats and bt speedtester

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
bobbych783
Message 5 of 8

I do not think im connected to the master. Im connected to an AV plate behind TV similar to this. http://www.aerialshack.com/triax-304115-screened-plate-p-484.html

Master in hall and another slave in bedroom.

Quiet test fine.

ADSL Settings

ADSL line status
Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:03:55
Downstream8,128 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)13.6 dB / 29.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)12.0 dB / 9.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)17.8 dBm / 12.0 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up)N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local)0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

if your router is connected to that socket it must be close to the tv which can cause connection problems.  also are you connected wireless as against wired.

you are very close to the exchange and are on adslmax with the maximum 8mb connection speed

this may help as well 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

0 Ratings
bobbych783
Message 7 of 8

Not near the exchange  and beibe that 8mb Max is my limit, Im in a rural area. 

The router is not near the TV but is connect to the wall via a 15 meter phone cable extention. Could this be it?

The PC is connected to the rounter via a cable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

according to your attenuation you are less than 1km form the exchange hence why te good 8mb connection speed.  the standard telephone extension cable often causes problems with noise on the line as there is no shielding - so is it socket - filter - extension cable - router?

if you have sky is it connected to the filter as the phone socket?

0 Ratings