Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BB Connection issue : Unable to sync with network since 30/4/13

Go to solution

Hi,

A few months ago I upgraded my router and associated components and posted here to get the lines stuck IP profile refreshed. After that was performed everything was great up until the 30/4/13 when a power cut occurred around midday. Since this date my router has been trying to to sync with the exchange with no success and has reported the adsl link is down after every attempt.

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps: (Router is a Billion 7800n connected to the master socket)

* Power cycled the router

* Performed a factory reset on the router

* Tried connecting via the engineer's test socket

* Tried bypassing the fitted BT accelerator plate

* Tried a different adsl filter between router and master socket

* Checked adsl filters are still present/connected on any other connected comms equipment

* Checked for noise problems on the line (none found)

All above steps did not make any difference the router still attempts to sync and reports the adsl link as down.

The only step I have been unable to perform is testing with another router (the 8 year old home hub gave up the ghost a long time ago). I have borrowed a BT 2wire router from work and will hopefully be able to test if the problem is my router this evening.

After a busy weekend I finally got round to contacting the helpdesk yesterday evening who performed some tests and couldnt find a fault. They escalated the issue to 'level 2' and I was told I would get a call from them between 8.45-9.45 pm yesterday evening, surprise surprise no call was received so I have come here for help as this forum was so helpful before.

Thanks

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BB Connection issue : Unable to sync with network since 30/4/13

Go to solution

Did you check the settings of the router so that it can access the btnetwork. After the power cut it may have gone back to factory settings and obviously after you did the factory reset they would have.

See this link for details.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/644/~/how-do-i-configure-my-non-bt-router-to-work-wit...

0 Ratings
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution
Hi, yes after the factory reset I re-entered the details as per the link but unfortunately it made no difference
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

It may be that the power outage has spiked your router somehow. I would try your replacement router then take it from there.

0 Ratings
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Hi, yes I think thats the best course of action. I'll try the replacement router when I get home from work to see if that is able to sync with the exchange, I'll post my findings later on this evening.

Thanks
0 Ratings
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I tried the 2wire router yesterday evening and it behaved exactly the same as my router. About an hour later BT finally rang me (better late than never i suppose) and after I explained the trouble shooting steps I had taken they confirmed that there is a fault with the line and an engineer visit was booked for today.

I received a call from an openreach engineer today who I suspect was at the exchange who asked me to confirm if the router was now sync'ing, after I advised him that it still was not he confirmed that the power outage had knackered some of the equipment in the exchange which was why I was unable to sync. He advised that an appointment had been made to swap out the faulty kit which would take place around midnight either tonight or tomorrow.

So now hopefully its just a case of waiting 24/48 hours for service to be restored.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for posting back. Good to hear its getting sorted out, keep us updated with final result.

0 Ratings
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Well I've been let down again, the two nights which the openreach engineer advised the faulty exchange equipment would be replaced during have now passed and I am still unable to sync with the exchange.

I have now been denied the service I am paying for for 8 consecutive days through no fault of my own and to be honest am now starting to lose my rag at the prospect of being without broadband for another weekend bringing the total denial of service to 10 days.

Mod assistance URGENTLY required please.

EDIT:

I have found the link and have requested mod assistance

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
The mods will normally contact you within 3 working days
0 Ratings
eztiger80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Update:

Thanks to the assistance of the BT Mods in giving BT openreach / wholesale a helpful boot up the backside my adsl service has now been restored.

The root cause of the fault was definately confirmed as a faulty line card at the exchange which after a second engineer visit was replaced. Service was restored around 4.30pm 16/05/13 and as a bonus this replacement line card appears to have allowed me to sync around .5Mbps higher than before resulting in a slightly increased Ip profile.

Thanks again for your assistance BT Mods

0 Ratings