Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 41

BB Disconnects when phone rings

Go to solution

I have found an old 16 page thread about this but I started this thread so I can email BT. I think this issue has been with my connection since last year when I started with BT. Nearly everytime the phone rings my broadband disconnects and re-connects losing the internet for a few minutes. Wasn't really an issue before because sometimes you wouldn't be online anyway when the phone rings and never had many calls either.

Now, however, I am inundated with scam calls from call centres all day. I must have over 10 every working day. I am on the telephone preference service thing but it doesn't matter, these are all International calls. So my internet is on and off all day while trying to get work done.

My router is plugged into the master socket.

Filters are on all used sockets, changed new filters.

Thanks in advance.

David

0 Ratings
40 REPLIES 40
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 41

Re: BB Disconnects when phone rings

Go to solution

Hi it sound like you have a High Resistance joint  does the problem still happen when your hub is connected to the test socket you need to try that first to remove any possible charges  it may also help if you twofilters.jpgtry and connect the phone like this  have you also tried the quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise 

Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks, I will try that this evening, if I unplug anything at the moment my wife will kill me, she's working from home today. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 41

Go to solution
Ok post back when you can there is always someone around
0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 41

Go to solution

I have just ordered some new brand name filters, may be better quality. I will try that solution when they come. Quiet line test seems okay, no noise or buzzing.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 41

Go to solution

Do you have a test socket?

Testing from "test" socket

If so, does it still disconnect when you connect it as shown on the link above?

0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 41

Go to solution

Me again. I got my expensive microfilters, I have it all plugged in at the Master Socket like the diagram (faceplate and broadband booster removed). My phone line comes in upstairs in a bedroom. The router has always been in there, I have just moved the telephone upstairs temporarily instead of in a downstairs extension.

For a couple of hours, all fine, I rang the phone numerous times from my mobile. It didn't disconnect. I get one nuisance international call (India?) and Broadband disconnects. I will monitor it for a few days but I can't figure out why it would differentiate between calls, just a coincidence?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 41

Go to solution

Aaarrgh! Just had my 10.00 o'clock unwanted nuisance call from India which has taken my broadband down while working on my website. I know it is back up within a few minutes but one day I know I am going to lose something.

0 Ratings
StuartTheFish
Contributor
Message 9 of 41

Go to solution
This is normally down to your phone not being filtered properly, a bad filter, or a h/r dis fault on the line. That's basically a loose or corroded connection somewhere. On rare occasions the exchange ADSL equipment can also cause it. Prove it still happens in your test socket, and then report it to BT and get an engineer to visit.
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 41

Go to solution
If the broadband connection still drops when in the master
you need an engineer visit Phone BT faults on 151and report the fault
0 Ratings