Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ritah
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BB Downloads

Go to solution

I have received 3 BT BB downloads and each time after download my computor goes into freeze mode, I cant do anything even close down, the only way to clear is to pull the plug.  The first time it happened I phone India and they told me to unplug the computor, I'm sure this should not happen. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: BB Downloads

Go to solution

What are you downloading, and why?

0 Ratings
Ritah
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me.  As far as I know they come from BT, they say its to be downloaded updates for broadband ! They are very persistent and wont go away until I do, but as I have said its a pain to get my computor back.

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
It could be either the desktop help or the net protection plus. More likely the desktop help. You don't need the desktop help - you can make all the changes to your hub from its home page - type 192.168.1.254 into your browser. Many on the forum don not use the desktop help.
0 Ratings
Ritah
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks, I entered 192 etc into my browser, but how do I cancel the desk top help? Incidently I have just received another one.  If you could tell me idiot fashion so I can understand. Many thanks

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
It will depend on which version of windows you have but look for Add / Remove / uninstall programs in the control panel.
0 Ratings
Ritah
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Many many thanks so simple when you know how.

0 Ratings
Brokk
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Download "updates for broadband"? I've never needed to do that. This isn't one of those scam phone calls where they try to give you a virus, is it? Do you have proof that they're really BT?

0 Ratings
Ritah
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

All sorted now thank you, apparently it was to do with desktop BT updates. According to Geoff93 i didnt need it so have deleted it from computor.

0 Ratings