cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

BB SLOW

Reported slow speed to faults fri pm  told eng would phone in on sat 1100-1300 nothing. Phoned sat 1305 told fault was cleared and was ready to close incident as my bb speed was fine from support. My bb was not fine. Told i would get phone back at 2130 nothing. Phoned in on sunday told eng would attend on next sat 5th feb at 0800-1300 great. Mon morn support phoned to say my bb was ok it was not ok. I told them that you had arranged eng for sat 5 feb i was told no eng had been arranged. I was told that now a eng would arrive on mon 7th feb not happy told ok will make sat 5th feb. From the responce of a quality company which does not meet my requirements it would appear as if they need to get their act together. A loyal customer of BT for 30 + years makes me think that i should have gone to specsavers and bought a fibre optic line.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BB SLOW

If you post your full hub stats and the results of a bt speedtest http://speedtester.bt.com/ then some one here will be able to offer some help and assistance
0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

FAQ

Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.

Download Speed
 9 Kbps

0 Kbps 21000 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 9 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :15699 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1183 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 13000 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 53.57:16.05:40.57 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes. 

2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0 Kbps

0 Kbps 1183 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 1183 Kbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these

0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

My config is home hub 2 in which i have dissconected house wiring from bt line box and ran a new cable to the hub with the same problem. My problem started after my line went down last monday or tuesday from 2400 hrs to 0130hrs then my speed fell away until friday past when it was not accepable. hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

Your connection rate and profile are correct although your throughput is very low i think you should contact the board mods and get them to look at the speed test results and sort you throughput forum.moderation.team@bt.com giving your bt account no. phone no and a link to this post
Highlighted
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

As i have been involved with BT in my working carreer i found them to be honest and understanding but today i have reservations. Is it not time that BT came home to there roots and help to put the GREAT back into BRITAIN. And to finish for now my line speed has returned to the norm long may it last. Thanks for the advice given handy for/if needed in future.

BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

As confirmed engineer arrived 8am ran line tests fitted new style face plate to income line box. Told eng my line had been capped at  12000kbs.   Ran BB checker for my line results ---                                                        Your broadband checker results
Broadband option Estimated connection speed  When you can get it Action 
BT Total Broadband  Faster BT Total Broadband
You can get fast and reliable broadband with speeds of up to 20Mb.  14.0Mb Now

Download speedachieved during the test was - 10550 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 4000-21000 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :15348 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 1211 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 12000 Kbps

My question is why has my down speed been cut from 13000 to 12000kbs when from this statement i can get 14000kbs

0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Contacted board mods team (cust care) by email and was surprised by the well concerned agent that took on my problem with regular updates as to what was being done and when it would be resolved. At the end of the day your are paying quality money and expect a quality service. Well done BT you deserve to blow your trumpet on this one for now.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

your connection rate is 15.3mb your ip profile is currently 12000k 12 mb left alone with no disconnections it will rise to 13000 13 mb in due course that is the correct figure for a 15.3 mb connection this allows for what're called overheads eg errors noise missing bits of data resent etc and is perfectly normal
0 Ratings
BRACKEN
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Thanks for the advice john46. Here is one for you ----------> Why does my config manager say BB talk not available and orange led lit on hub2. Happened during the week and today. Reset hub ok.  I get the feeling if my BB talk is down my BB runs faster. Could this be so as a bug in s/ware f/ware.

0 Ratings