cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 14

Re: BB Speed dropped to 288Kbps from 15 to 18Mbps

to make the changes you described initially - new cables, router replaced etc would entail dropping your connection as you tried to solve the problem.  just because your router is connected 24/7 does not mean that you have had a broadband connection all the time.  you connection could drop and restart anytime - when you are out, during the night etc - and unless you check the connection time regularly then you probably would never know

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
NetBod
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

Yep , agree the connection would have to drop to do what I have done, but as I said it was like it after the power came back on, so the work I did was to PD if there were any issues within the house as it did not return to what it was pre power cut.

Yes agree ADSL will go up and down all the time, lots of factors a can cause it, but I would not expect to be banded when its not me that's caused the ups and down, and in the 6 or 7 odd years that I have had BB I have never had it happen before and wouldn't expect to be banded for 6 or 7 resets/up or down over a 48 hour period. Any body got any figures that tell you how many up/down you need in a timeframe to be banded.

For info  I do log the ATM0 up down in the router logs and check them intermittently in case of issue they can be really useful.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

there is no figures that I have seen.  most tend to have happoened with a few resets in a short space of time not over 2 days  the exchange equipment just sees the disconenctions and who caused them and whether it was power cut or pure accident the outcome is the same.  these are the banded profiles and as you can see you are at 288 and normall accompanied with a noise margin of 20+

7168 - 14336

4864 - 9728

3328 - 6656

2272 - 4544

1472 - 3072

1152 - 2272

576 - 1152

288 - 576

160 - 288

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 14

it is defiantly a banded profile as imjolly has posted until the line stabilises for 3+ days it will not rise
0 Ratings