Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 29

BB Speed since house move

Hi

I just wated to ask if anyone on here can shed a bit of light on my BB problem since my house move.

I am not allowed to say why, but my total broadband service is free to me ! 

I moved last Tuesday and the order was placed to move all my phone, BB and BT vision services which seemed fine but as usual resulted in all new equipment being provided at the same exchange. Why this continues to happen is beyond me ! 

At my previous address which is about a half km from the new address but same in distance from the exchange tho via a different pcp and new routing.

At the previous address I had ADSL2+/21CN which at the exchange was outputting 20mb+ and was in sync at my hub at 12.5mb. Now at my new house my hub sync is currently 3.5mb and at the ex equipment on MDF it is only at 8.1mb.

I have tried to use my knowledge and experience to query why, if I am on ADSL2+/21CN, my JDSU is in sync at the exchange at only 8.1mb but I am getting nowhere with calls and questions being answered with the likes of "that is the max rate I can get"

Surely if it was outputting the max 20mb+ on ADSL2+/21CN at the exchange, I would get better at my hub. Unfortunately no one will check to see if my BB is capped for any reason and all I get is that I need to wait for it to stabilse etc ... It has been 8 days now !

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 29

Re: BB Speed since house move

Can you run btspeedtesterand when first test completes then run diagnostic text and post results. http://speedtest.btwholesale.com

Can you also enter phone number and post results. Delete phone number before posting. https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 29

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 3.18 Mbps

0 Mbps4 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 3.18 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-4 Mbps.
 IP Profile for your line is - 3.19 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 0.36 Mbps

0 Mbps0.45 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.36Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 0.45 Mbps

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 29

Is it possible that wholesale have put your line on adslmax and not adsl2/2+ ? Which hub are you using?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 29

Yeh, that is what I thought and have tried to explain to them !

I  am using a Hub 4.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 29

The exchange DSL mapping was the giveaway ! But my issue is getting someone to accept this fact and get an order to have it moved back to ADSL2+

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 29

Can you post results of the dsl checker to show estimate of your speed. The forum mods may be able to help depending if wholesale give the option of adsl2

Can you find the adsl stats by going to troubleshooting then logs and where hub last connected to internet you should get 2 line showing connection speed and noise margin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 29

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number on Exchange MOTHERWELL is served by Cabinet 67

Featured ProductsDownstream Line Rate(Mbps)Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)Downstream Range(Mbps)Availability Date
WBC ADSL 2+Up to 2--1 to 3.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 1.5--1 to 2.5Available
WBC Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available
Fixed Rate0.5 ----Available

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014. The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 31-Dec-2012; the Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30-Jun-2014.

If the End User wishes to migrate from their current Broadband supplier they will need to contact them in the first instance to obtain a MAC (Migrations Authorisation) Code, and then contact their new Broadband supplier to arrange for the service to be migrated.

Note: Please note that postcode and address check results are indicative only. Most accurate results can be obtained from a telephone number check.

Thank you for your interest.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

From the checker results it looks like your connection speed is about right. Maybe your line is a lot longer than you think

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Last time the hub restarted was yesterday..........

15:51:57, 04 Mar.( 1711.930000) DSL noise margin: 23.00 dB upstream, 6.00 dB downstream
15:51:57, 04 Mar.( 1711.840000) DSL line rate: 448 Kbps upstream, 5440 Kbps downstream
0 Ratings