cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reikro
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BB connection dropping out.

I've had a fairly good few months after joining BT. However the last couple of weeks my connection has been dropping out. The Broadband light on my Home Hub 3 goes orange and following the on-screen instructions doesn't solve anything. Resetting the HH sometimes help, though most of the time i'm just greeted with the blinking orange BB light. This is happening almost daily now.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BB connection dropping out.

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) bt speedtester and post the results .

are you connected directly via a filter to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

test socket.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reikro
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

This may sound stupid. But I don't see any ADSL link or button on my Hub Manager. When I use a-z I only get info on my line state and my connection time.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

if you get hub manager then in advanced   looking for

connection speed

connection time

modulation

attenuation

noise margin

power output

errors

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reikro
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

The only info I can get is the connection time. I can post screenshots if you wish.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 12

which version of the hub do you have - 1, 1.5, 2 or 3?

0 Ratings
Reikro
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

3.0 Type B

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

then the info I listed should be there - I don't use hub so can't give exact directions but they are there

0 Ratings
Reikro
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Can it be because I use BT Infinity?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

that would explain it   you are on the wrong board and I will move everything to the infinity board

0 Ratings