Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BB has gone. Is this cut through cable likely cause

All

my phone and BB has been intermittent for a while but not too bad and then the a few days back it died completely and has been down ever since.  Called BT and been through the checks but bo issue on line so must be hardware or wiring in house.

I doubt this very much as I'm sure that the hole that has coincidently been dug in the path outside, at the rough time that th the problems started, and long since left is the cause with the most likely culprit the cable that has been completely sheared.

Does this look like the main BT cable?  Is there any contact details other than the standard "contact us" email address so I can send the photos

cable end.jpg

cable end1.jpg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BB has gone. Is this cut through cable likely cause

Without better photos and some idea of cable size  it is impossible to determine what the cable is. At first glance it appears to be an armoured power cable but it is hard to be sure.

Who dug the hole?

Try contacting the utility company or the contractor responsible. Failing that contact your local council. They must have pre-authorised the footpath or road to be excavated - unless it is emergency work.

My next thought is that despite BT "doing the checks" obviously all is not well with your telephone service. Get back on to BT and insist they look at the problem again..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 5

If you  think its an openreach's cable.....

Openreach  needs to be contacted asap if its damange to their network.

0800 023 2023 Damage report number

http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/who-to-contact/Default.aspx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 4 of 5

I take it you reported a fault with your broadband which it is not.

You have a phone line fault and you should report it as such. Don't mention broadband when you ring in.

Also have you checked the service status page HERE?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks both,

Wife just been out theres a sign (never actually read this!)  says work being done by Options Energy Services on behalf of Carillion telnet / openreach

Although not much help It's a mutli core Copper cable.  at a very rough guess 50+ indvidual inner cores.

Ian

0 Ratings