cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 3

BB usage meter

Hi There. I signed up for BT BB  and got my hub kit early this morning and it was all up and running by 10am. Seems great - famous last words, however when will the usage monitor be available? When I go to access it, it says that it is currently inavailble because of maintenance. Is this so or is it that I am trying to access it too early in the scheme of things?

Also, if and when BT email me concerning any problems or warning about over usage, to which email address do they send these, as my email address logged with them, under My BT Account is not a @btinternet.com  one but instead a gmail.com one and it is the latter I use daily.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BB usage meter

The usage meter should be available all the time, but it can be a bit flaky, like so much else at BT.  If you go to this page http://www.andyweb.co.uk/shortcuts/ and scroll down to section 14, there are a number of possible links to try.  One of them may work, even if others don't.

I would recommend you check your btinternet.com emails from time to time as BT have a habit of sending important emails there, even if you supplied a different email when signing up.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: BB usage meter

@HHGTTG wrote:

Hi There. I signed up for BT BB  and got my hub kit early this morning and it was all up and running by 10am. Seems great - famous last words, however when will the usage monitor be available? When I go to access it, it says that it is currently inavailble because of maintenance. Is this so or is it that I am trying to access it too early in the scheme of things?

Also, if and when BT email me concerning any problems or warning about over usage, to which email address do they send these, as my email address logged with them, under My BT Account@ is not a @btinternet.com  one but instead a gmail.com one and it is the latter I use daily.

Hi.

In addition ... the usage monitor is a day in arrears, and will show usage up to 23:59 the previous day. Typically it's updated say after 7am, but may be later for some. So check tomorrow to see what has been used today. You might like to keep a note of the reading daily so that you can see what you're using. Also look at the hub stats (login to it via bthomehub.home or http://192.168.1.254/), One of the options (Internet I think) will show the usage.

However be wary that the could easily reset if the connection is reset, or power lost etc. Also this reading is "live", and hence not comparable completely with the online meter due to the latter showing a 24hr period to 23:59. It will also include BTVision, Digital Vault, BBTalk and BTFon use, which are excluded from the online meter. Again a daily check can be used for a reasonable comparison with the online meter.

0 Ratings