cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cilla1232
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BB usage monitor

Hi, I'm new to this forum and a bit of a technophobe so I need a dummies guide.

I've had BT BB for a few years and have always been well within my 10GB monthly limit.  However, over the last

two months I've been getting the warning email of reaching my limit. I've checked it this morning and, for September, I've already used what I would normally use in an entire month.  I always thought that the things that take a lot of the load is stuff like films and music, which I don't download, well maybe the occasional album.  I search the internet regularly as I am jobseeking, which I have been doing for six months. Surely this shouldn't be "expensive". Can someone explain what kind of stuff uses a lot of GB's?

It also seems strange that my brother who lives further north has also had warning emails over the last couple of months.

Is BT trying to push upgrades or am I missing something else?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BB usage monitor

This guide should help.

Why is my broadband usage so high?

0 Ratings
lynnd1711
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

My usage shot up from less than 10GB a month to 58GB in a week this month, even though I wasn't at home for three days. BT are never wrong though, and can't explain how it happened when I wasn't at home.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@lynnd1711 wrote:

My usage shot up from less than 10GB a month to 58GB in a week this month, even though I wasn't at home for three days. BT are never wrong though, and can't explain how it happened when I wasn't at home.

Hi.

Judging by the amount of reports in recent days of people seeing higher than expected usage, the something could well be wrong for some users.

Note that School holiday times has also given rise to increased usage, and people returning from holiday say uploading lots of photos etc. However your 58GB is massive, and thus looks totally wrong.

0 Ratings