cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdo123
Message 1 of 6

BBC IPlayer

I am unable to stream IPlayer programs through my Panics smart TV. I am told that the upload speed from BT Broadband is inadequate. Why should this be so.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BBC IPlayer

welcome to the forum

there could bve many reasons - how is the tv connected to internet wireless or wired?

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester (MAC users may have problems) http://speedtester.bt.com or http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9354/c/346,4740,5520 and post the results .

are you connected directly to the NTE5 master or test socket or to somewhere else? Is the master the only phone socket in your home?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
GAC
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

try it out of peak hours 1600-1200, i have the same problem as do many others. was trying to watch the non hd version of topgear tonight and it bufferd a few times.

seems bt's either having issues or someones playing silly buggers with what gets capped (shapped) as netflix is just as bad.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

upload would not cause that problem however download speed would

GAC until we know the posters download speed it cannot be said what the problem is and as to shaping Iplayer is NOT TRAFFIC MANAGED
0 Ratings
GAC
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

i assumed they ment download and put upload by mistake.

as for iplayer being shaped or not i guess its open to interpretation because bt admit they do limit traffic across the network at peak times, but claim they dont shape anything 😛

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

P2Pis the only managed protocol on BT's network and iPlayer is not a p2 p protocol
0 Ratings