cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
legitimise_sailing
Distinguished Expert
Message 171 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

Works here
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Raymond_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 172 of 183

How Interesting is this?

If I try the link on gg30340 page it denies access but if I try it via my letter above it accesses ok. I merely cut and pasted gg30340's link.
0 Ratings
Raymond_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 173 of 183

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14094

Having accessed this link it offers the use of BT's PC Health Check Wizard. When I click on the "try the wizard now" link it returns a message that states:

We have detected that you are using an old version of Internet Explorer not currently supported by BT Desktop help. The supported Browsers are :

• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
  • You can upgrade your browser by visiting the Microsoft site

I actually have Internet Explorer 11. Any ideas please how to get past this wall?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 174 of 183

If you have BTDesktop Help installed I would suggest that you uninstall it. It is not needed on your computer and can cause problems. Have a look through the forum for recent problems with it and IE11. BT Desktop Help is not compatible, in fact it is junk, get rid of it

TrevorC
Contributor
Message 175 of 183

I'm happy the changing channel option is working for some.  Anyone any thoughts about users like me who are directly connecting via the lan port?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 176 of 183

Have you checked the BBC Iplayer site incase there are problems there such as this one.

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/announcements/btvision_jan2014

http://iplayerhelp.external.bbc.co.uk/help/

0 Ratings
Raymond_M
Aspiring Contributor
Message 177 of 183

Thank you for that info.
Ray
0 Ratings
DoctorVock
Beginner
Message 178 of 183

I had BT infinity installed and have watched programmes on bbc iplayer via my iPad and Apple TV box with no problems......until now, when I keep getting the message about having insufficient bandwidth to watch the programme. How can this be when it was ok before? Have BT reduced my service? When the engineer did a speed test on installation, the speed was very good. Cannot remember the figures, but it believe it was around 36 mob download speed. Ample for iplayer. So, BT, what's going on???
0 Ratings
sjtp
Guru
Message 179 of 183

Cannot remember the figures, but it believe it was around 36 mob download speed. Ample for iplayer. So, BT, what's going on???

You issue may be BT or may be elsewhere.

Are you running wired or wireless?  If wireless, there are lots of other issues that could be slowing you down ... search the forums.

Check your speeds in other ways, such as 

• speedtest.btwholesale.com  (also run Further Diagnostics if the speeds are well below what you were expecting)
  • http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html
  • Unfortunately, BBC have removed their very helpful diagnostic test.
0 Ratings
TrevorC
Contributor
Message 180 of 183

Have you read this thread?  The issue seems to be over and beyond the questions you ask.

I think BT have a problem which they are either in denial over or not addressing.

0 Ratings