cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dell70
Message 41 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

I am also experiencing problem with band width since i switched to infinity. would change back to total broad tommorrow.

0 Ratings
asdti
Contributor
Message 42 of 183

I have a feeling it will be a peering issue, compounded by work BBC have been doing over the last couple of weeks on their own back-end.

FWIW, BE* (the super-fast part of O2) have had incredible issues with the iPlayer in the last fortnight for most (but not all) of their customers. Again, a peering issue (thought to be with LYNX - the London Internet Exchange) was blamed, but it has taken them weeks to sort it out..

Just thought it might help to know that it isn't always the ISP - it can be problems elsewhere too!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 183

Mine's worked flawlessly on all devices since day 1 😕
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
violetlight
Message 44 of 183

Since "Kelly Communications" came out and replaced my VDSL modem, my iPlayer response time (and many other website loading activities) from both the laptop and the Humax box have gone downhill to the point of unusability.  The set top box will only say that it has insufficient bandwidth.  SpeedTest says 28-32Mbps and ping.net says no loss and 18ms response time.  Tearing my hair out here.  BT avow no knowledge of any problems...

Simon

0 Ratings
Cryin5freeman
Contributor
Message 45 of 183

I'm using 100mbps connection at work, and sometimes it reported by iPlayer insufficent bandwidth. It could be BBC is unable to cope with all the loads from users.

Message 46 of 183

I have just 'upgraded' to bt infinity recently. I cannot watch BBC I player on my iPad at all due to this notorious insufficient bandwidth issue. Even placing the iPad next to the kit makes no difference. I have tested my broadband speeds and am being told Upload Is 0.8 mbs Download is 1.75 mbs This sounds extremely low to me Any advice gratefully accepted
0 Ratings
Message 47 of 183

Just to reassure others iplayer works on a properly configured Infinity link. Problems are normally due to issues on home networks and on rare occasions network issues beyond the exchange.

I have run 5 simultanous iplayer HD feeds without getting near using all the capacity on my line. I watch many hours of programming without any buffering which I could never do on ADSL. Same applies to 4OD, Netfix, itunes etc on various equipment including an ipad, Samsung smart TV, Appletv, PS3, PCs and an old laptop.

0 Ratings
Alan63
Expert
Message 48 of 183

echo that -

me and my kids routinely use lovefilm/netflix/iplayer and others/itunes/appletv - all with no buffering or issues. and across 3 wifi devices anywhere in my home.

bandwidth is affected by so many different conditions that probs need to eliminated one at a time. methodically working through the possible problems - its the only way to eliminate any local conditions that might be impacting.

1. speedtest to get profile

2. try both wifi/wired

3. channel congestion

4. time of day

5. try wifi device in neighbours set up (if they're cool on that)

6. hub location (they don't like to be on floor or big metal things around them)

if there's no 'structural' problem at the exchange (ie profile is as you'd expect) or such then it usually pays to go through 2-6 one at a time and see how service is affected by each of the above

0 Ratings
Rgb999
Beginner
Message 49 of 183

Same problem since upgrading to infinity/ HH3 with wireless link. Worked OK for a week, then upgraded to option 2 and lost iplayer. problem lasted several days. Eventually tried setting up wired connection to hub and it worked fine. Even better, when I disconnected the cable and swapped back to wireless iplayer was still working. Could be a fluke but worth a try.
0 Ratings
astan789
Message 50 of 183

I am not sure if this item has progressed, but to add to the list, I have just upgraded to Infinity (from ADSL via Talk Talk) and though performance overall is fantastic, I now cannot view iPlayer via my Freesat Humax HDR box.  iPlayer works fine on Macbook Pro and iPad but buffers continuously via the STB.

My assumption is that this is limited to a Humax / Iplayer / Infinity issue rather than a wider issue with the broadband connection - all other forms of use via Infinity Broadband are fine.

Does anyone know of any updates / progress / resolutions for this issue?

Thanks

Adrian 

0 Ratings