cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
apshep
Contributor
Message 111 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

10pm iplayer on the TV in HD is still working
0 Ratings
DeanM
Moderator-Retired
Message 112 of 183

@apshep wrote:
5.30pm and iplayer is working on the TV again. So what has changed? Nothing on my setup! Forgot to run the tests last night but will do and post this evening.

Absolutely nothing has changed on our end I can assure you! TrevorC and apshep have reported a tentative all-clear for the meantime; @fancyabrew, any progress with you?

Dean
BTCare Community Mod

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 113 of 183

5.55pm iplayer HD working again........... 🙂
0 Ratings
TrevorC
Contributor
Message 114 of 183

Dean quotes"Absolutely nothing has changed on our end I can assure you!"

Strange that Dean, as it's still working properly time and time again, including now at on a Saturday evening.  Something has changed somewhere as BBC iplayer on BT Infinity is now working as well as it should.  So who did what?

In any case, I'm delighted!  Thanks

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 115 of 183

Possibly changes at the BBC end? there have been many complaints
Not only BT use The Fibre Network Provided By Openreach
0 Ratings
TrevorC
Contributor
Message 116 of 183

Sadly I spoke too soon.  18:25 Sunday evening - let me guess a busy time for the BT Network and it's now been buffering for 4 minutes and still going.

Instead I've triedt o go back with the yellow button, but it's totally unresponsive and won't go back to 'home' with the red button either.

So, Dean, what's that about?  On ADSL I'd have blamed contention rates ...

0 Ratings
CeeTee
Beginner
Message 117 of 183

I am now having the same problems that have been outlined on this thread. I have also noticed that this is happening on LG and Sony TVs and so is not likely to be a Panasonic issue.

I can't use iPlayer at all without it freezing every 3 seconds or so, and as with other people, it streams fine on the laptop.

I was on the phone to BT Technical help and ithey nsisted this was a connection problem at our end and would not accept that other people are having the same problems. I have wired the TV directly into the HH3, as well a powerlined to the hub, tried different ethernet ports, restarted both HH3 and modem but BT Technical help say it is still a connection issue here! I can't see how...

This was not an issue until 2 weeks ago except when they setup the Openzone/BTFon settings on the HH3. That only required a restart.

I am now going to send email to Dean and add my issues to his list.

Oh...this is an intermittent problem because when I was on the phone to the Technical help, miraculously it started working, but again today it has worked twice out of about 5 or 6 attempts.

I am getting a little frustrated now...

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 118 of 183

Not to sure if this is relevant to this discussion but any DL from the BBC i'm getting 55kb and also if i download a show through BBC idesktop player it says im dling at 1megabyte persecond but takes like 2/3 hours to download!

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 119 of 183

I only got Infinity yesterday, but I tried 30 minutes of iPlayer yesterday afternoon on my Sony 26" TV with built in wireless.

Playback was fine !

I also watch over an hours worth of LoveFilms and that played well as well..

I'll keep an eye on it and let you know how it goes 🙂

0 Ratings
Newsteads
Beginner
Message 120 of 183

Hi

My Panasonic G30 TV has had issues on HD content and SD as well for about ten days now, at least thats when we started trying to watch stuff on iplayer.

It's connected via RJ45 to the BT infinity, and the Huawei router is stood in a heat dispersing way, but it's pretty much impossible to watch anything.

Iplayer on the laptop shows no real issues but i'm sure the speed test has dropped to about 12mb/s from about 38 a few weeks ago - i'm going to do the things Dean suggests late tonight to get a representative 'max speed' and then again  at about 6pm tomorrow - will let you know!

0 Ratings