cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamstereu51
Beginner
Message 141 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

Yes, same problem with a Panasonic TXL32DT30 model. I changed from O2 to BT Infinity precisely to improve my wife's experience with iPlayer - but instead, I'd say the performance is dramatically worse. Even at 11am, a notionally quiet time, the display froze and could only be reset by turning off then on again, and the buffering symbol appears regularly during programmes where it did not before.

Of interest is that most of the specific panasonic models mentioned are 2011 models. Does anybody with the problem have a 2012 model? I suspect that there is a buffering mismatch. 

0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 142 of 183

My TXL37DT30B is still suffering with the constant buffer symbol (ruinung the viewing) yet the video feed remains OK. Its plugged directly into the HH3 gigabit port with a 73Mb/s download speed.

If I watch iplayer through my PS3 (wifi!!), which appears to be the same feed as the TV (?? same iplayer appearance etc ??) it is fine with no buffer symbol!!! So it seems to be a Panasonic problem BUT it was fine when I first got the TV and last Autumn it was OK for aabout 3 months before someone somewhere changed something.

0 Ratings
bratman91
Aspiring Expert
Message 143 of 183

Since upgrading a week ago to BT Infinity, I can only watch BBC iPlayer TV programmes if I set the iPlayer video quality to Normal. Previously, with BT Totalbroadband ADSL, the video quality was set at High and worked perfectly. If set to High with Infinity, I get the error message that the selected programme file cannot be found. I am using a Sony BDP-370 Bluray player connected by HDMI to an HD TV. The Bluray player is connected to my router via powerline adapters. Does anyone know where the problem lies?

0 Ratings
TrevorC
Contributor
Message 144 of 183

Yes with BT, but they won't own up to it or do anything about it.

(It's over too wide a platform of equipment to be equipment specific)

0 Ratings
johnalan
Contributor
Message 145 of 183

Agreed I have the same prob, with 4oD too, and I'm using an Apple Airport Extreme and a MacBook Pro.

0 Ratings
rabidblack
Beginner
Message 146 of 183

Yup, I've got the same BluRay player and I upgraded to infinity yesterday (for free, so I can't complain too much I suppose). After finally (after 6 hours of faffing around with everything I could think of) I googled this problem and hey presto! this forum/thread came first in the search. The remedy I've just found works is setting the video settings to 'normal' rather than high quality. As with previous posters, when - all of 24hrs ago - I had normal bog standard 7MB internet, I could play anything on iplayer, now I'm stuck with 'normal' - trust BT to give you 75MB speed with one hand, then take away HD viewing with the other. I'd complain but my dad worked for them for 27 years and I can safely say 'don't expect anything else from them' 🙂

0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 147 of 183

Some things seem to work, like Top Gear and Football Focus - Transfer deadline special, but lots don't. I think the BBC are doing something odd not BT.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
0hM1ghty1
Contributor
Message 148 of 183

I have the same problem: buffering symbol often apperaing on my Panasonic TV, but no interuption of video/audio. Also NO CHANGE in frequency of buffering between satndard and Hi-Def  downloads.

Used to be fine on O2, then started getting the buffering symbol about 6-9 months back. Swapped to BT hoping that it would clear, but still the same. Starnegely, with O2, a direct wired connection from TV to router  (bypassing my Gigabit switches)  made the problem go away. With HH3/Infinity, it makes no difference if I connect direct or via Gigabit Ethernet swicthes.

Infinity 2 37Mbps

Panasonic TV (2011, 32inch)

Wired, Cat 5e

0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 149 of 183

M y Panasonic TXL37DT30B is still buffering with no interruption of stream. Same on HD and ED. If anything it has got worse in the last couple of weeks. Panasonic deny knowledge of a problem and BT blame Panasonic. Great
0 Ratings
anthonyUK
Expert
Message 150 of 183

Does iPlayer work on every other device you have and do you have any other speed related issues with internet access?

If not it is pretty clear where the issue lies.

0 Ratings