cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadPanther
Aspiring Expert
Message 131 of 183

Re: BBC Iplayer not watchable with BT INFINITY - warning!

We've just watched an episode of Merlin on the iPlayer with out any issue.

Lovefilm works fine as well.

0 Ratings
TrevorC
Contributor
Message 132 of 183

The firewall controls look rudimentary:

http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_firewall.html

It seems that further controls are to adjust for different games.

http://192.168.1.254/html/settings/a_supported_application.html

Any thoughts anyone?

0 Ratings
robh66
Contributor
Message 133 of 183

Try loading the iPlayer and then run the diagnostics test, because i was able to watch the Indian GP this afternoon on the iPlayer without a single problem.

0 Ratings
felix76
Beginner
Message 134 of 183

Hi anthony UK,

Thre hub is connected to the TV via an ethernet cable. I have not tried wireless because I do not have that facility on  the TV ( I haven't got the wireless adaptor)

Iplayer works on my PC but is jerky on full screen, with sound and picture not in synch. All of this worked fine until I got Infinity.

0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 135 of 183

Aarrrggghhh! Just when I thought everything was going ok....... the video stream continues without any pause but every 30 sec or so the buffer symbol pops up in the middle of the screen! Has now been doing this for about a week. Why???????
0 Ratings
felix76
Beginner
Message 136 of 183

I too now have this problem. Having turned of the firewall on the BT Hub, the iplayer worked fine, but I now have the problem you describe. Very annoying, especially as BT appear to be doing nothing about any of this except to ask for more examples.

It's about time they pulled their finger out!!

0 Ratings
felix76
Beginner
Message 137 of 183

Hi,

Did you get anywhere with trying to get out of the cintract? I would quite happily go back to pre-infinity.

0 Ratings
felix76
Beginner
Message 138 of 183

Beginner
felix76

Hello Dean M,

I too have a problem with iplayer on my Panasonic Viera P42GT30B TV.  When I was on Bt Broadband, no problem, after getting Infinity and a new Hub, the iplayer was unwatchable, buffering about every two seconds.

I rang BT and at first was advised that I should contact Panasonic, but after a few minutes was told that the solution was to disable the Firewall on the hub and I was talked through this procedure. Iplayer works perfectly with the firewall disabled.

That doesn't really solve the problem though does it. It's just a work around! I am paying for a particular service and then having to disable one of it's functions.

Looking at the number of logs on this forum it seems obvious to me that there is a problem with the new Home Hub 3 Type A and I can't understand how Bt can still not be able to solve the problem.

I would appreciate hearing from you about any proposed fix for this problem.

Regards

felix76

This is a copy of my post of 23rd October. Is anything happening on this matter? Smiley Mad

This is getting very tedious now - what are the chances of scrapping my infinity and going back to ordinary BT Broadband?

Felix 76

0 Ratings
Bullitt
Distinguished Expert
Message 139 of 183

why not just buy another router like the tp link tl wr1043nd?
0 Ratings
apshep
Contributor
Message 140 of 183

Tried disabling the HH3 firewall but still get the same result on my Panasonic TX-L37DT30B of good streaming with frequent buffer symbol. Very Very frustrating after it had been fine for a few weeks. Nothong has changed in my home setup.

Interstingly the iplayer through the PS3, also connected to the HH3 doesnt buffer at all yet it is the same 'big screen' feed. Woudl this come through different, possibly Sony servers, than my Panny TV.

So it's either BT or, if different servers for the feed, Panasonic.

Any moderator care to comment????

0 Ratings