cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 53

Re: BBT on new handsets

Another one for the mods to ask the Techies, I wonder if Softphone could be configured to work on Touch..

After all, my Laptop is Windows, my Touch2 is windows.

Ray.

0 Ratings
EwanC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 53

To any BT guru who may be reading this forum. I have recently renewed my 18 month contract. After having a S710 for the last 18 months I was a very heavy user of BBT on the S710 as I have very poor mobile signal in my house and forwarded my mobile to my BBT number when in the house. In addition I travel a lot for work and found BBT very useful. I now have the new Hero and love it. As with many others on the forum, I’m very frustrated that I cannot use BBT on the Hero. I have tried numerous SIP clients with the settings from; https://service.btbroadbandvoice.bt.com/bbv/online/consumerConfig Without success. In the absence of a BT solution and given that we have no information on if or when a solution will become available from BT, would it be possible for someone to post the SIP settings which could be used on the SIP clients like Sipdroid for example. Thanks in advance
0 Ratings
homeinmk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 53

Stuart

There are a few unanswered questions on this thread. As BT are holding back on giving us the service on the new phones that we contracted for on the old s620 ad 710s, you could at least give us the settings that we need so that we can use a third party software app to access BBT.

Come on guys in development, you have had 6 months now to convert the old app fron Win 6 6 to 6.5 surely it cant be that hard. If not contact Ribbit (another BT company) and get their help. Just in case they don't nkow how - here is the link: http://www.ribbit.com/mobile/

0 Ratings
EwanC
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 53

I assume from the lack of response over two weeks that BT either don’t read these forums regularly or they are unwilling to resolve this service issue. When I renewed my 18 month contract I was not advised that the VIOP service was not available on the new handsets, had I known that, and given the amount of money I spent on the last 18 month contract I would have reconsidered my contract renewal. I now fear that I'm tied into a new 18 month contract with only partial services..... or can that be construed as a breach of contract on BT’s side as this is supposed to be, and was advertised as an “Anywhere” contract?
0 Ratings
OldGold
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 53

Come on guys in development, you have had 6 months now to convert the old app fron Win 6 6 to 6.5 surely it cant be that hard. If not contact Ribbit (another BT company) and get their help. Just in case they don't nkow how - here is the link: http://www.ribbit.com/mobile/

Ok,in that case let us us Ribbit, free of course,  until Voip is up and running, and of course efficiently.

Ray.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
homeinmk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 53

Stuart

Can you give us an update yet as to where and when the apps will become availabe. You said that they would be on Android Marketplace and Microsoft market place, though the latter has indicated it will not accept VOIP applications as a matter of policy as they consider that they are tailored commercial items that should be issued by individual service providers.

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 53

You are better of asking how long is a piece of string (we are talking quantum physics string theory)

Raid

0 Ratings
homeinmk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 53

Raid

Sadly you are correct. The Mods in this forum are a lot less pro-active than in the old forum where we usually got an excellent customer service. Its a shame really that BT apparently does not want provide a better customer service, but I suppose we get what we pay for.

Bob

0 Ratings
Raid1968
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 53

To be honest I think the Mods hands are tied on this one and like the old MODS, James and James they could only feed us what the Bigwigs told them.

I imagine they are frustrated with nothing positive to come back to us with, to me the silence speaks volumes. I am used to the handset as it is now and mostly use messenger apps to contact people i.e Fring, I find this very handy.

Raid

0 Ratings
neilmorgan
Expert
Message 30 of 53

Why don't one of you report a fault on your new version phone declaring the BTTalk service doesn't work as advertised. The would then have to make a definitive statement about why it doesn't