cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazytaxi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 31

BEEN HAD BY BT ONCE AGAIN ON SPEED!!

hi there realy realy not happy with bt right now i am on a 8meg capped service.

looked on bt.com web site and it said we can now get 13meg service on my phone number all good !!

so i phoned up and the lady said ya have to sign up for a new contract to be able to get those speeds (thought as much) so i went ahead so the lady said i will put the order through and you will be put on the adsl2 service to be able to get the 13meg speed and it will take about 10 days for the speed to sort its self out.

after about 6 days i phone india for them to say no there is a cap on your line i will remove the cap but you will have to wait 10 days for speed to change.......

more days later still no speed diffence phoned back again and the bloke said your cap has been lifted all should be fine ill ring you back after some line tests ect ect. any way no phone call so i phone back as of today to make a complaint to be told you sign up to a special deal so ya not able to have adsl2 onls adsl speeds!!!

so what was the point in me having a new contract when i cant get the speeds i wonted and why i phoned to start with but the bloke did say i can upgrade you to adsl2 for £28 pounds amouth plus line rental!!!!!

i can go with talktalk and get there adsl2 speeds with unlimited bb and line rental and calls for £17.99 (ok its a deal price for a year but even so ) and also with no connection charge !!!

0 Ratings
30 REPLIES 30
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 31

Re: BEEN HAD BY BT ONCE AGAIN ON SPEED!!

welcome to the forum

if you want some help/suggestions can you post the adsl stats from your router may need to 'show detail' to get all stats (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1) and run btspeedtester http://speedtester.bt.com and post the results.

are you connected to the NTE5 master or test socket or somewhere else? Do you have any phone extension sockets in your home?

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
crazytaxi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 31

hi my stats from the router are ...

Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 23:29:27
Downstream:7.938 Mbps
Upstream:443.9 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type:Fast
Noise margin (Down/Up):17.3 dB / 27.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):26.1 dB / 14.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up):18.2 dBm / 11.9 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):0 / 0
CRC Events (Down/Up):250 / 31
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):216 / 16
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):198 / 24

0 Ratings
Highlighted
crazytaxi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 31

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript"></script> Test1 comprises of two tests

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
6501 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
 Download speedachieved during the test was - 6501 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 2000-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 443 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 12.67:22.33:65.01 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.

The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes.

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
337 Kbps

0 Kbps443 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
>Upload speed achieved during the test was - 337 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 443 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 31

you are on adsl2+ modulation of 992.5 but still on adslmax speed.

if you agreed a new contract then normally that is all that is required to get moved to 21CN.  I would complete this form and the mods will be able to help.  may take a few days for mods to contact you

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 31

Hi Crazytaxi,

Welcome to the forum.

From looking at the stats you have posted it indicates that you have successfully been upgraded to an ADSL2 connection but it appears that there is still an 8MB cap on your line.  I would like to look into this for you and if there is still a cap on your connection I will remove this.

Please follow the advice of Imjolly and drop us an email by filling out the contact us form in Imjolly's post.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
crazytaxi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 31

hi there i have filled the form out yesterday for you

cheers gav

0 Ratings
skilful_com
Contributor
Message 8 of 31

Sean - I keep reading about BT putting a cap on the line - and suspect BT has put a cap on mine:

http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/up-to-20-Mbps-double-scam/td-p/153447

BT state, "we're committed to providing you with the best speeds possible for your phone line" - well Why The Flip do you put caps on service i.e. this is counter to providing a customer with the best speeds possible.

"When your judgement or opinion don't fit with all the facts - then it is not the facts that are wrong"
0 Ratings
crazytaxi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 31

just wounderd why im just got this email and it hasnt happend ????

and also it says you will get it free so why am im being told i have to pay £28 pounds for this service ???????

Giving you the fastest broadband you can get

Hello Customer,

Good news. We’ve just made improvements to your local network so you can get faster broadband at no extra charge.

What’s happening?

We’re upgrading your line so you can get faster broadband – up to 20Mb download speeds. The top speed you can get on your broadband line depends on a few things, like how far you live from your exchange, how many other people are online at the same time, your phone wiring and even interference from appliances in your home.

What do I need to do?

Nothing. We’ll upgrade your broadband automatically. You won’t lose your connection when we upgrade your local exchange but it could take about ten days for your broadband speed to settle down. That's normal. It takes that long to reach its top speed. You can help it along by leaving your Home Hub on all the time and using your broadband as much as you can for the first ten days. If you’ve got questions about the speed of your broadband after that, have a look at our connection speed help pages

Help us give you a better service

To check your broadband and help us give you a better service, you can download isposure to your PC (sorry, it doesn’t work with Macs).

Isposure is an independent monitoring tool that gives us anonymous information on your broadband speed and performance, so we can give you the best possible service. It takes no more than five minutes to download. It won’t get in the way when you’re browsing the web and there’s no advertising or spyware.

More about isposure

What else can I do to make my broadband go faster?

If your broadband’s not running near its top potential speed, try our Broadband Accelerator. We can’t guarantee it’ll make it faster, but it usually speeds things up by about 1.5Mb – by reducing interference on your line. As a BT Total Broadband customer, you can order one online for just £1.30 postage (one per household).

More about BT Broadband Accelerator

Got a question?

To find out more about your broadband speed, try our help pages. You can get in touch with us from here too.

Thanks for being with BT.

Best wishes,

Warren Buckley
Managing Director, Customer Service

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 31

don't see 'free' but do see 'no extra charge'

0 Ratings