cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TEECEYGIRL
Message 1 of 2

BROADBAND DROPPING OUT & APPLE MAC ISSUES....

This is an ongoing problem for me. Today I spoke to a very well informed man who I sincerely hope has solved the problem. I had to connect computer to Home Hub with ethernet cable. He then talked me through re-start with a bent paper clip. Then told me how to change password which I was very pleased to do as it is one I can remember rather than the complicated figures and letters on Home Hub. He commented on the crackling on my BT line which has been there for about a week now. He said sometbody from BT will come to have a look at it. He also said he would send an e=mail regarding Desktop Help which I could log in to. It arrived very quickly, I downloaded it, when I opened it it was all in 'computer speak' so I couldn't read it let alone install it.  A bit more digging around revealed that it was a Windows application.  The man knew I was working on a Mac not Windows computer so am surprised to have received it.  Even more surprised and irritated that once again Mac users are being left out.  There are now thousands and thousands of Mac users all over the country, you only hve to visit an Apple Store to be aware of that, so come on BT why not provide some proper support for us.  Can't face ringing them of course, too much hasssle. But I might just try writing to them, would be good if other Mac users did the same....

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: BROADBAND DROPPING OUT & APPLE MAC ISSUES....

Many Windows users find Desktop Help useless and intrusive, more trouble than it's worth, and have uninstalled it. So you're really not missing anything. That doesn't excuse not being able to try it though, and other Mac users have complained without any success so far.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings