Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tigerb
Contributor
Message 1 of 48

BROADBAND USAGE DATA WRONG.

Go to solution

IN FEBUARY THE CABLE BRINGING THE PHONE LINE TO MY HOUSE, WAS BROKEN DOWN THE LANE FROM WHERE I LIVE. I HAD NO PHONE OR BROADBAND FOR 5 DAYS, DURING THESE 5 DAYS THE USAGE DATA. SHOT UP, AND AS GONE HAYWIRE EVER SINCE. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN HOW THE USAGE WENT UP WITH PHONE CABLE HANGING FROM THE TELEGRAPH POLE.

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 48

Re: BROADBAND USAGE DATA WRONG.

Go to solution

Hi Tigerb,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I would like to look into this for you to find out what is going on.

Please drop me an email via the 'contact us' link in my profile. (click on my name and you will find the link under the "about me" section). Include your BT account details and the link to this thread.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
tigerb
Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Go to solution

Sorry if I am about to bore you with this. I'm sat here at 11.19am after being promised that I would be contacted between 10-11am. BY BT. This not the first promise BT has broken, They rang and said my problem would be sorted out at the end of February. THE PROBLEM IS. At the begging of February the cable bringing the phone line to my house was broken  down the road from us, it was broken for 5 or 6 days so we had no phone or broadband at all. When it was repaired the usage data had gone up whilst there was no line at all to our house. Also the usage data went haywire. In the last 5YEARS my average usage per month according to BTs OWN FIGURES was between 7.5GB and 9GB. They say according to their usage data I used 38GB in February, even though I had no phone line to the house. On the 5th of MARCH I received a email saying I had already used over 7GB in MARCH, But SURPRISE SURPRISE. From MARCH 7th to today 12 DAYS usage MARCH 7th to March 17th I have ony used 3.32gb.

I have spent more than 30 HOURS yes 30 HOURS on the phone to BT. I have changed hubs. run security test. Had my computer taken control of twice. change key numbers. been monitored for usage 3 TIMES. Had the phone put down on me. the phone numbers I have been given to call are 08003457410   08001114567 850015765469   08000480505   0800800150   01412204303   08003891118   0207356500  one of the calls I was charged £8 for just over 7mins. they say I will be refunded . Another one of the numbers the man who answerd said they not even BT.I could go on but I think by now you will be fed up because I know that I am. Im 67 years old and have been with BT for over 40YEARS and think that their response to my problem is a TOTAL DISGRACE. IT IS NOW 12.03PM AND THE CALL ME BY 10-11AM AS STILL NOT HAPPENED. 

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution

Hello tigerb and welcome to the forum. Rest assured that if anyone can sort this problem for you SeanD will, he and his fellow forum moderators have worked wonders for me and lots of other members in the past.

In the meantime you may wish to browse through the other usage monitor problem threads on here, there are quite a few.

Best,

Del.

0 Ratings
tigerb
Contributor
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution

Just to keep you updated  from MONDAY 7th TO TODAY 20th.  (13 days usage) = 3.64gb

0 Ratings
tigerb
Contributor
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

By the way  it is now 32minutes past 9pm and the promised phone call to me as still not been made.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

@tigerb wrote:

Just to keep you updated  from MONDAY 7th TO TODAY 20th.  (13 days usage) = 3.64gb

Hi.

The recent figures you have provided seem to be a clear indication of your actual usage, making the other reported details look frankly crazy.

It's as though the exchange equipment can't perhaps cope with certain error conditions, and rather than record zero figures it has huge spikes of data usage. I wonder if it's possible that there is a bug in the recording software, and has no way of dealing with unusual data responses.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution

Good theory Andy,but given that scenario wouldn't any decent network data software use an average rather a random figure.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

@tigerb wrote:

That's about 290 Mg per day, yea I'd say that's about right for normal browsing, works out at 9Gb a month.

0 Ratings
tigerb
Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution

One thing I did do  was to get rid of BT OPENZONE AND BT FON. From my choose a wireless netwok.

0 Ratings