Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT £10/month Infinity 1 deal not honoured

Go to solution

I would be grateful if the mods could help with this.

I am a BT Infinity 1 customer.

When the 2016 price rises were announced, I received an email informing me of them. In that, there was a link to the BT My Offers website which offered me another year of Infinity 1 at my current price of £10/month. (or Infinity 2 @£17.50)

The website clearly stated that the £10 Infinity 1 offer was valid under 02/07/2016.

At some stage in June  the two offers disappeared from the website to be replaced with a new offer for Infinity 2 for 24 months at £14 (despite the fact my line would not benefit from Infinity 2 vs the 55MB now on Infinity 1)

However, I have been unable to get anyone to put me on the £10 Infinity 1 deal as its not on the website and on the telephone they say its not available to them as an option - despite the expiry date for the offer not having finished.

Instead, their best offer for Infinity 1 is £16/month - more than the £14 they would charge for Infinity 2!

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
PaddyB
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT £10/month Infinity 1 deal not honoured

Go to solution

Hi @gt94sss2,

I'll be able to take a look at this for you. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
gt94sss2
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB,

Thanks for the reply. Have sent you a message via the 'contact a mod' link as requested.

Cheers

0 Ratings
derryviewer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Hi Paddy,

I am in the exact same situation.

I am on Infinty 1, cannot get any faster, like original poster intially had a great offer on Infinity 1 to persuade me to stay which I had to sign up for before 2nd July.  Logged in about a week before only to find the offer had gone and it was now replaced by a pointless offer of a reduced price for Infinity 2 which is no good as my line can't even make use of it.

Can you also look into my situation?

Thanks

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @derryviewer,

If you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile, I'll be able to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
mikeg1971
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Hi,

I'm in the same situation too. I currently have a BT Infinity 1 package which is supposed to be upgraded to 52mb from 03 July 2016 according to the BT email that was sent to me a month or so ago. However, that date has now passed and nothing has changed. I'm currently not even getting 38mb, getting around 33mb download, 9mb upload.

I used to get 38/40mb when first went on Infinity but ever since Feburary the speed has reduced for some unknown reason. Line is good and equipment also fine, same setup as on 40mb. 

I too have been offered the BT Infinity 2 package at 2 years for £14. Don't know what to do but am considering other ISP's... 

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@mikeg1971

if you cannot get existing max connection speed on infinity 1 max of 40mb then the increase in the cap to 55mb will not help you get a faster speed  just because cap is moved from 40 to 55mb does not automatically mean your speed will improve  check your stats and see what speed is shown as attainable.  if that is about 40mb then that is as fast as your line can handle  even an upgrade to infinity 2 at 80mb will not help increase your speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
mikeg1971
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for that, but that's a standard statement that I've seen on various other posts too.

My line is capable of 76mb max speed according to the BT website availability checker, and only a couple of months ago was getting 40mb, till about the same time as I received the BT email stating that my Infinity 1 package would be upgraded to 52mb for a small price increase, which is fair enough, however, whenever I contact BT now, they do not even acknowlegde the 52mb uograde offer and try to sign me up to an Infinity 2 package on a TWO YEAR contract, albeit at a good price, but I don't really want to go on a two year contract and the 52mb speed would be fine.

Also had an engineer out recently and he said the line was good, no problems. 

Has anyone actually received this 52mb upgrade or is it a non-existant offer? By the way, I still have the email.

I'm not the only one with this issue it seems, like the OP said, i'd be greateful if the mods could look into this, been long time BT customers...

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
yes those whos lines can support the new cap have had the increase but like wise many have seen no improvement as they were unable to achieve the old 40Mb cap
0 Ratings