cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QoQ
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

BT 4G speed & same signal as EE?

Currently on EE 10Gb. Thinking of going to BT mobile (don't have their TV or broadband), on the 20Gb SIM.

EE signal is the best fire me and 4G coverage is the best. As BT mobile uses EE will the signal be identical for 4G and phone signal?

Also I have 4GEE (double speed 4G?), What is the BT? Will I see a difference on my iPhone?

Thanks
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Damien1
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT 4G speed & same signal as EE?

Hi the signal should be roughly the same although I am led to believe at peak times ee customers get priority also bt mobile doesn't support double speed so you will only get Upto 30mbps max 

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

@QoQ  but they DO support it now - at a price of £4 a month 

mcronline
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

I know I sound old but I don't think going double speed 4g is all that noticable. I changed from 4g on EE to BT and my phone downloads apps and web pages around the same speed. 4g to download an app is quick enough 🙂
0 Ratings
Mancunian01
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

I'm currently trialing double speed 4g on BT - they're offering it free for a month. As mentioned above, it's not really noticeable on day to day usage. I certainly won't be paying an extra £4 for it.

Looks good on the speed test, but that's about it.
0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

@Mancunian01 I saw 81mbps when I did the first test and then they throttled it down to just under 60. Just like they said they would. 

0 Ratings
23prince
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Well I put it on and thought I'd cancel it after the first month. So I cancelled it- and it was removed right away - pretty pointless really 

0 Ratings