cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Johnny156
Message 1 of 7

BT 6500 handset battery problem

Hi,

I have BT 5600 phones, lately one of the handsets battery life is down to just over an hour ish!

Putting the batteries in the other handsets are OK and charge fine and as you would expect!  The handset in question whether on or off the base unit looses it's charge quickly.  Checking the batteries it is indicated that only one has lost it's charge the other is fine!

Any Ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation

Johnny

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT 6500 handset battery problem

I assume you mean 6500, so I have changed the subject.

If its within warranty, then contact the seller and ask for a replacement handset, if you have tried replacing the batteries, as they are not normally covered by warranty.

0 Ratings
Johnny156
Message 3 of 7

Yea sorry, It should be BT 6500.

I'm afraid the warranty has lapsed.  I guess I'd like to know is it worth while replacing or repairing the handset?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried new rechargeable batteries in the handset, as sometimes they do not last very long?

0 Ratings
Johnny156
Message 5 of 7

Hi Keith,

Yes, that was the first thing I did, sorry I didn't mention this before.  When the phone switches off with its low battery beep on checking the batteries, one was in the green and the other discharged, using my battery tester!

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

And that was with brand new batteries?

It may be worth charging new batteries in a known good phone to start with, then transfer them to the suspect phone.

Also, have you tried the phone on a different charger base unit?

0 Ratings
Johnny156
Message 7 of 7

Hello again, I have also did all of that too. I have run out of ideas hence coming to the forum.  Think a new handset is in order.

Cheers Keith

0 Ratings