cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raymie67
Expert
Message 1 of 10

BT 80B RF3

Saw a post mentioning the BT 80B RF3 being installed to reduce interference.

Curious in that I have had REIN engineers out and this was never mentioned as an option to me. Anyone have any definitive information on this device and what if any downsides it has?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT 80B RF3

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 3 of 10

I saw that link and a few others but none of the ones I found were really detailed with regards to what it does exactly, and why or why not you should have it assuming you already have a NTE5 and filtered faceplate

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Personally I don't see how it will help considering that it does not look like an external water tight. And if the REIN is before the junction box then surely it will slow the broadband down from there?
0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 5 of 10

It's an internal fitting so I did not expect it to be watertight but I would agree I personally am having a hard time believing it would do any good and yet others have had it fitted.

0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Well it seems to have helped me having one fitted, the synch rate is much more stable.

And it's fitted alongside your NTE5 socket. (Internal).

They cost £3 by the way.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 7 of 10

I think you need to wait a long longer before you can confirm if it has helped you and ofcourse it could be the neighbour issue that was sorted that has actually helped.

Could also be that that it helps on low level REIN but not high levels, when mine is at the worst it has to be at least 30db of extra noise on the line.

0 Ratings
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 10

To be honest raymie I think most of your line will have to be replaced to fix the issue, because there is only so much an engineer can do before needing to replace.
0 Ratings
Park_Ranger
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 10

"I think you need to wait a long longer before you can confirm if it has helped you"

Yes of course, but it looks promising, and the RF box definately made the connection more stable, and the problem being sorted next door (Which is about 60 yards away) has made it even more stable.

Before............

before.jpg

After...............

after.jpg

It may not work for you, but for £3 it's worth tryng, then look for other sources of possible RF interference.

0 Ratings
raymie67
Expert
Message 10 of 10

The problem with REIN is that it can come and go, on my line I could show a 100% stable connection from the night of the 19th up until last night and then all of a sudden quite a few disconnections in one go, and stable again every since.

Edd, my issues are pretty certain to not be line related now apart from one 200m section which indeed needs to be replaced since it drags down the line balance, the source of the disturbence needs to be found to get any real progress.

0 Ratings