cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allieb
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT 8500

My dad has recently bought me the BT 8500 with call guardian as I was getting a lot of nuisance calls. I followed the instruction booklet with regards setting it up however most of the numbers in my phonebook aren't being allowed through. I rang the help number and they said I had to customise it ( I tried this but it just made things worse)  but my dad hasn't had this problem and hasn't customised his phone. Does anyone have any suggestions? Its driving my kids nuts as they have to announce themselves everytime they call and when I do get an announced call from one of the kids it won't let pick option 2 to always allow calls from that number! I need help!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT 8500

Have you made sure that you have Caller Display enabled on your phone line?

Can you see the displayed number when someone calls?

0 Ratings
Allieb
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. Yes I have caller display and sometimes it displays the name and number but other times it just says announced call. I have reset the base settings and started again but that is not making any difference either. If I put numbers from my phonebook onto the "allowed" list it tells me the number is already allowed

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you are not already doing this, you need to put the full national number into the phonebook, local numbers do not work.

If its intermittent, then there may be something upsetting the caller display signal.

Make sure the phone is plugged directly into the master socket, with no other phone devices, or Sky boxes etc connected.

0 Ratings
Allieb
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi yes I use full numbers including dialling codes. There was an Openreach man outside yesterday fixing a faulton the line I never knew I had but he said it had nothing to do with this problem. I also spoke to product help who suggested I did a system reset but that hasn't worked either.

0 Ratings
LisaS
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Hello there,

We have just bought this phone & are experiencing the same problems as you have .... did you manage to resolve this & if so how? many thanks xx

0 Ratings