Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nostra999
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT 8610 call guardian / answer machine fault

Hi,

I purchased the 8610 dual phones earlier this week and have had a problem getting it to work. Currently when you have call blocker or answerphone on when a number calls it goes to the answer phone or call blocker asking to leave name or message and as soon as it beeps for input the line cuts off.

I have tried resetting the phone and base unit with no success. Likewise been unable to call the help desk as I am in work when it is open.

Has anyone ever had this problem?

Thanks!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DavidM
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 8610 call guardian / answer machine fault

Hi @nostra999 and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the 8610. The help desk is open on a Saturday from 9.00 - 14.00 and can be called on 0800 980 8999. Can you try that and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
33L2
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Have just signed up here to hopefully get some answers!

BTW how useless was the reply from the moderator? The number given is for out-of warrantee spare parts! Just about sums up my whole exasperating BT experience: help line very rarely answered (obviously not enough operators for the huge volume of calls...), website a total waste of space.

To sum up: my new BT8610 does not have a working answer machine. The one time I got some advice from a girl on the helpline, it was to remove the filter. Made absolutely no difference, in fact now callers hear a message saying there is a fault, so nobody can contact me....

0 Ratings
CJT80
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

@33L2 wrote:

Have just signed up here to hopefully get some answers!

BTW how useless was the reply from the moderator? The number given is for out-of warrantee spare parts! Just about sums up my whole exasperating BT experience: help line very rarely answered (obviously not enough operators for the huge volume of calls...), website a total waste of space.

To sum up: my new BT8610 does not have a working answer machine. The one time I got some advice from a girl on the helpline, it was to remove the filter. Made absolutely no difference, in fact now callers hear a message saying there is a fault, so nobody can contact me....

How old is the 8610?  If it's out of warranty then you would (as the website suggests) call the repair agent.  

Based on the second part of your reply, have you tried another phone in the same socket, or even better a corded phone in the test socket?  Have a look here for what the test socket looks like.  If you get a dial tone, replace the face plate and connect the corded phone again.  Also see if anyone can contact you once another handset is plugged in.  This will establish if it's the handset or your phone line. 

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings