Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Auto Backup

Go to solution

I have at last managed to upload the required files to the BT Vault after it kept stopping and when I restarted it it would not upload anything at all just kept stalling.

I subsequently deleted the BT Vault program and re-installed it. I then up loaded everything to a vault with a new name.

I now find I have two vaults, one with the old name and some files and one with the new name and all the files.

Is there a way I can delete the unwanted vault ?

On another point, I assume any new files created in the directories I have uploaded will be uploaded to the Vault by the system on a daily/weekly basis but anything added to a directory not uploaded will not go to the vault. Can someone please confirm this or otherwise.

I am uploading bits at a time as I do not want to exceed my monthly upload/download allowance.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Peter

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Auto Backup

Go to solution

It would have been better to delete the files before un-installing the vault.

The only way to do it now is to un-install the vault again, then re-install it and select your old vault (computer name).

Delete all the files in the vault.

Then unistall DV again, and re-install it so it point to your new vault.

The other way is to temporarily install DV onto another computer, and use the old vault. Then delete the files that way.

You can then un-install DV.

DV will upload any additions or changes to a file or directory.

Digital Vault does not count against your upload/download allowance.

0 Ratings
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks very much for responding once again.

Rather than deleting the DV's, as it has taken over 5 days to upload everything to one of the vaults and that seems to be the default vault, I will just leave things as they are. I still have ample room to spare.

I am glad to read the amount I upload/download does not come out of my monthly allowance although I cannot find any mention of this on the BT site.

I am assuming that if I delete a file on my computer because I don't want it any more, I will have to manually also delete it from the vault.

Thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@Islanderuk wrote:

I am assuming that if I delete a file on my computer because I don't want it any more, I will have to manually also delete it from the vault.

Thanks for your help

Yes, otherwise it will stay there.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9768/~/does-bt-digital-vault-count-towards-my-usage-a...

0 Ratings
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks once again

0 Ratings