cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mark_Philpot
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

BT BROADBAND NOT ACTIVATED ON DUE DATE

So my BB infinity was due to go live on the 08/03/16, still nothing today. The hub 5 is orange with a b light and the router ip is permanently saying connecting. The landline number has changed and I have a dial tone so just waiting on these blithering incapable **bleep** to sort my connection out. They have until midday today before I cancel the **bleep** lot of it.
Why do these big companies think they are allowed to get away with this. They have a duty to deliver on what they verbally contractually set out.
I've spent hr after hr on the phone to these people with no resolution.
Still I'm sat here waiting.....
Each phone call is over 20 minutes on hold!

This is coming from an experienced RF telecoms engineer who has had to deal with BT all his working life. This company will never change.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT BROADBAND NOT ACTIVATED ON DUE DATE

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK and can put you in touch with the order team to see what the delay is. Provision issues are ofter due to Openreach, who deal with most providers, so cancelling would not really help.

I assume you have tracked your order online, and its still showing as incomplete?

To eliminate any problems with your home internal wiring, please connect the home hub as shown below.

infinity_test.jpg

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Then, if you have a Home Hub 5, please display the full connection statistics including noise margins, by following the instructions on this page.

Check your connection speed for the Home Hub 5

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 8

Hi @Mark_Philpot and welcome.

I'm sorry you're having problems with the order. Your best bet would be to try our online live chat orders team who should be able to update you on what's happening with it. Can you give that a go and let me know how you get on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Mark_Philpot
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I'm on hold again right now after being transferred from India. Let's see if I get a result
0 Ratings
Mark_Philpot
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Still on hold onto my third person now 41 minutes
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

The moderator recommended that you used the UK based live chat team.

0 Ratings
Mark_Philpot
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

What an absolute joke 1hr 16 into a call now. Third person said "its complete our end need to speak to the accounts team". So off she's go on hold comes back 5 minutes later "I'm sorry they are very busy I've been waiting on hold" I replied welcome to my world try 2hrs being thrown from 1 department to another. Now she's thrown the call to another department and I'm back on hold again. 

Company is a joke

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings