cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Backup

Am I able to upload directories as I do not want to back-up everything in the My Documents directory only some of the sub-directories.

It appears that I can only upload individuqal files

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Backup

@Islanderuk wrote:

Am I able to upload directories as I do not want to back-up everything in the My Documents directory only some of the sub-directories.

It appears that I can only upload individuqal files

Only by using the BT Auto-backup program.

0 Ratings
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Keith

Thanks for Responding.

It is my intention to use the Auto Back-up system but the intial uploading of files/directories appears from the "We Suggest" option that I can upload the My Documents Directory, the My Music Directory, the My Pictures Directory and  a couple more.

I do not want to upload all the directories in the My Document Directory but when I switch to the "You Pick" option it appears that I can only upload seperate files and not sub directories with all the files in them in one go.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

@Islanderuk wrote:

Keith

Thanks for Responding.

It is my intention to use the Auto Back-up system but the intial uploading of files/directories appears from the "We Suggest" option that I can upload the My Documents Directory, the My Music Directory, the My Pictures Directory and  a couple more.

I do not want to upload all the directories in the My Document Directory but when I switch to the "You Pick" option it appears that I can only upload seperate files and not sub directories with all the files in them in one go.

Well it does take some getting used to. The best option is to untick everything first. Then navigate down to the level that you want and tick that box.

Everything below that level will then be selected, including any subdirectories an files.

If you want to exclude a file, you have to drill down the file level, and untick the box.

Once you understand how it works, it makes sense Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Islanderuk
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

OK Panic over. I have now worlked out how to upload just the directories I want Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Ratings