cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HaroldS
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Basic and 'after 7pm'

I'm new. I find these boards less than intuitive to be honest but since this seems to be the only place to start new topics ['message'?] I'll try here.

I need to know whether BT Basic includes the ‘after 7pm’ lower call rate or whether it’s 11.3p plus 3.3.p ‘set-up’ fee at all times of day, daytime, evenings or whatever. I know the details of the package - line rental costs, ‘unlimited weekend calls’ etc. I just need to know this. If ALL calls are charged at daytime rate [whether I exceed my £4.50 limit or not] it makes a difference.

I've done the chat/email thing. We all know the scripted pro forma answers that don't answer questions and send you doolally [appropriate in the circumstances if nothing else]. It's like talking to a wall. Reading between the lines I'm betting I'd pay 11.3p + 3.3.p set-up all day long [except at weekends], but I need to be sure because I can only contact certain people on weekday evenings.

Thanks. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Basic and 'after 7pm'

Looking at the tariff guide http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumer/assets/downloads/BT_PhoneTariff_Residential.pdf page 4, there's no mention of any special evening or weekend rates for BT Basic.  You just get an allowance of £4.50 worth of calls per quarter.

0 Ratings
HaroldS
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Basic and 'after 7pm'

Looks that way. I just hoped for a definitive answer. Thanks for trying.

0 Ratings