Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tonyhus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

BT Basic

Go to solution

My 82 year old mother came back to BT on 17/9/16 was given delivery date of 3/10/16. I explained there was a fault between CP and Junction box in pavement. This was ignored and on 3/10 received text to say line was in & working which of course it wasn't. So reported on 4/10 and classed as a low priority fault and not a delayed delivery as it should have been. Finally mother had service provided on 24/10. She is due compensation as she was billed from 3/10 but told cannot have till BT Basic switch completed.

Whilst this was happening I tried to switch mother to BT Basic on 19/9 but told this was not possible till 3/10 which was original delivery date. So rang up on 4/10 told cannot switch till fault is repaired. Rangers again on 24/10 and received form weeks later which I filled in and sent off same day. A month later received letter saying I didn't apply in time. So rang again got form weeks later sent off same day then same result. 2 forms now in  PO box in Durham. Still waiting over 2 weeks now for 3rd form. My mother qualifies as she is on pension credit. But now very despondent as bills mounting each month. Contacted BT Care but no reply. Can anyone please help? 

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: BT Basic

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @Tonyhus

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry for the fault on your Mum's line which resulted in a delay connecting her service.  I also appreciate the time that you have spent trying to get your Mum set up on BT Basic.

Can you send over the details and we'll give you a hand from here?  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Tonyhus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Details sent as requested Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

@Tonyhus wrote:

Details sent as requested Thanks

@Tonyhus did you ever get your BT Basic problem sorted? Am having a similar issue getting forms and wonder if it's worth me starting a new thread to get help from the mods.

0 Ratings
Tonyhus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution
No still on going unfortunately sent off 3rd form on Jan 31 heard nothing since.
0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

@Tonyhus I'll let @RobbieMac know this is still not sorted.  @frustratedBeeTeeuser to request a BT Basic application form you'll need to speak to the BT Basic team on 0800 800 864 Open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

@NeilO wrote:

@Tonyhus I'll let @RobbieMac know this is still not sorted.  @frustratedBeeTeeuser to request a BT Basic application form you'll need to speak to the BT Basic team on 0800 800 864 Open 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.

@NeilO already have Neil - called to request the first form on 24th Jan, chased up with a call last week but the form has still not arrived over 2 weeks later.  A second form is apparently now being sent out after a call to the BT Basic team today.  Given things seem to be heading in the same direction as they did with @Tonyhus (thanks for your reply Tony), I thought I would see if he had had any luck getting help to resolve the issue on here before starting a new thread seeking help myself.

I'm a little confused as to why the form cannot be sent by email or downloaded from the BT website for me to print out, fill in and get the account holder to sign, instead of using on what appears to be a rather unreliable method of posting the forms in the mail.  

It is starting to feel like BT aren't keen to have people taking advantage of this offer, even though my 90+ year old relative is pefectly entitled to do so, being a recipient of Pension Credit (guaranteed).

Tonyhus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution
5 months & still no nearer! A simple paper exercise to switch to BT Basic. I worked for BT for 35 years so not completely surprised.
0 Ratings
Tonyhus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution
I've had call after call asking to renew my own BT contract but BT unable to switch my mother over to BT Basic.
0 Ratings