Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plawsy
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Big Button 200 Hands-free

Hello,

I appologise if this has been asked before..

Just got this said phone, for the big buttons and hands-free option.

I read the online guide before ordering (ebay):

"Make a call in handsfree mode
1. Press the button and then enter the telephone number to be dialled."

Great...

However, it seems you actually need to lift the receiver for 2 seconds, put it down, this is when the hands-free button is pressable.

Is this normal behaviour, the guild is wrong?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Big Button 200 Hands-free

I would certainly read the guide as meaning that the handset does not have to be lifted to make and end a call. Suggest you contact the retailer to see if the phone is faulty and, if not, return it if it doesn't meet your expectations. If you got it from the BT Shop that might be problematic as they seem to have put a smokescreen between the customer and customer services.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

My father has the same phone but I have never tried the hands free option, but I willl try it when I visit next Sunday.

It may be done that way to prevent accidental operation.

I had to remove the batteries as the 1571 light kept flashing, as there is call diversion on the line, which upsets it.

plawsy
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

It's not that bad. I'm disabled and I type with my nose as my hands are not so useful, so at the moment I knock the receiver off-hook with my nose slightly then go from there....

When there's a will, there's a way...... so they say.

0 Ratings