cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Bill - Not at all happy!!!!!!

On 1/5/10 I spoke with BT and was offered a good deal to renew my contract.  I thought it was a good deal and it seems that was the case as my latest bill (and I will now backtrack through all previous bills) does not seem to reflect what was agreed!!!!

The plan I am SUPPOSED to be is Broadband Option 3 at £19.99 per month (£3 discount) AND (and this is where the problem is) Unlimited Anytime free for 3 months from 1/5/10 then at £4.99 per month and line rental at £9.54.  The second part of the package comes out at £14.43 which when added to Broadband is £34.42 per month.  Making few paid for calls I couldn't figure why our last bill showed a debit when we pay £40 direct debit.  Darned good job I checked!!!!!

While anyone deserves a gold medal for being able to fathom a BT bill I eventually worked out that the £19.99 for Broadband is being charged correctly but it seems I am getting wrongly charged, by some considerable margin, for the line/call package.  Charges for next three months are £19.28!!!!!!  Nearly £6 per month or £72 per year more than had been agreed.

I have rang BT and am waiting for a call back as they are busy (surprise) but I am not at all happy about this.  I plan to go back through my bills and try to fathom if I have been overcharged since 1/5/10!!!!!  I know BT 'sometimes record calls for quality assurance purposes'.  Others do too!!!

Next time I will insist on any contract package being put to me in writing and I will watch BT like a hawk from now on!!!!!  At present I am contemplating reporting this to Oftel (or whatever they are called now).

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
thebillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Bill - Not at all happy!!!!!!

Hi, they have done similar to me. I renewed my contract and have had nothing but a big mess up since. Seems nobody can do anything on the computer properly to update your account where billing is concerned. They have messed mine up since September. I even had a withheld number and hey presto, soon as I changed my plan, even that was changed. Bt don't know what they are doing when they change our calling plans and options, as their errors, pay a price to us for months after. Thanks for mentioning oftel, might give them a try myself if my problem isnt sorted too. Good luck, hope you don't have 4 months worth like me or problems regarding payments/bills and plans. BT need to sort their act out as they are losing many customers to other providers, and now I know why

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

I think it's a disgrace.  If BT encourage people to stay with them through various incentives etc that should follow through to the billing.  After a call back yesterday I told BT the date of my call and suggested strongly that someone goes and listens to it and then gets back to me while I decide about Oftel and other issues around contractual obligations.

I am actively looking to bin BT now and would NEVER trust anything they said on the phone in terms of pricing from now on.  Any offers, incentives etc I would demand it in writing so everyone is crystal clear on what has been agreed.  essentially it seems that what is said on the phone is not worth the paper it's not written on.  I will also go back and scrutinise every bill I've had from them AND will watch them like a hawk from now on.  No longer do their bills go in the 'trusted - forget it' pile!!!!  Never!

Not that it will bother me, I will be looking at Sky etc. now.  Good luck with yours too!!

0 Ratings
thebillies
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks, I had mine in writing in September but yet it still isn't done properly via bills, I am leaving BT too I think, with little customer service and empty promises, not sure I like them anymore

0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 5 of 11

I was supposed to be getting a call from a BT Supervisor today.  Surprise, surprise as yet, nothing!!  Can't even get that right.  Worst service I've had in a long time.

0 Ratings
meatyman
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Not 100% sure about this but you may be able to get out of the cotract because the deal you are gettig is not the one you were promised.

0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Indeed.  I will be dumping it.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 8 of 11

Hi Empgamer & thebillies,

I'll be happy top have a look over the account and see whats going on with your bills and get it put right.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Empgamer
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Hi thanks.  It will help as it doesn't seem i'm going to get that call.  Do you mean a private message from here (I did that).  Can't see any e-mail facility?

The person who i spoke to day before yesterday was as helpful as she could be and said she could see the record of my call to them on 1/5/2010 and accepted the call was about 20-25 minutes.  She said a supervisor would listen to it and ring me back.

A few things infuriate me:

1) BT has not kept to the the deal it offered on 1/5/10 (so as far as i am concerned the 'contract' is null and void).  That deal I can assure BT is correct to the penny and the basis that BT actually convinced me to sign up again.

2) BT not honouring the contract is unacceptable, costly, and I WILL take it further

3) Despite all these problems BT cannot even be bothered to ring back when they promise.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

@Empgamer wrote:

Hi thanks.  It will help as it doesn't seem i'm going to get that call.  Do you mean a private message from here (I did that).  Can't see any e-mail facility?

forum.moderation.team@bt.com as shown in the mods profile

0 Ratings