cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

BT Blocking Access to a Website / IP Address

Hello,

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me...

For some reason, and from out of the blue, i can no longer access the website www.taxiroute.co.uk

When I try to access it a get a page served up by http://www2.bt.com/static/i/btretail/panretail/acceptableuse/

Quoting all sorts of stuff about BT's Acceptable Usage Policy.

I can access any other site i want to but this domain ip address is being blocked for some reason.

I have called the help desk but the indian lady on the phone kept going on about usage policy. I explained clearly that this is NOT about usage it's quoting about Acceptable Use

Why has BT decided to block this site and this site only. It's only a taxi fare calculator - nothing bad or anything.

Any ideas how to get this sorted out please?

Thanks

Trevor

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Blocking Access to a Website / IP Address

tried your link and it works for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Some one else mentioned that IP addresses can go stale and suggested that you go to your homehub home page - 192.168.1.254 - and disconnect your broadband, wait a few minutes and then reconnect. This will give you a new external IP address and the website may work.
0 Ratings
panman1300
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

How strange. You are having trouble accessing a site registered since 17th May 2007 to one Trevor Daniel, and that happens to be your name too! Isn't it a small world? What are the chances of that happening - or is it some cynical ploy to publicise your own site?