cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tonymc
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Box: Youview Error YVM105 (On Demand Players)

Go to solution

Hi,

Not managed to find anything searching this board so here goes!!!

About a week ago, we started to get a Youview YVM105 error message when trying to access BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub etc. I checked the Freeview site for help on this, and have been through the following checklist:

1. Try the Player again. Same message received.

2. Update On Demand players. Done.

3. Software Update. Done

4. YouView network connection. Box is connected to the internet

5. Router Internet Connection. IPad and mobile phone both connected and able to access BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub.

6. Cable Check. Powerline adaptors checked, resynched and seem to be working ok. Have also double checked that the data cable between the Poweline plugs, BT Box and Home Hub are connected properly.

7. Restart devices. Have restarted both the BT Box and the Home Hub.

After all of these, still the same error message is appearing.

Have contacted the BT Help Desk and they have told me that the line appears to be okay, so I'm officially stumped!!!

Anyone any ideas as to what I could check next to try and resolve the issue?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Box: Youview Error YVM105 (On Demand Players)

Go to solution
0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the link - unfortunately I can only see people having done the tests/resets I have, or not managed to get a resolution at all. BT say they are monitoring the line but I suspect it is a box problem rather than the line, as I have no problem in watching BBC iPLayer, ITV Hub etc on the iPad which uses the same home his/line as the BT box.

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

3 months further on and still unable to use any of thet Players - still getting a YVM105 error message. Have tried the solutions posted elsewhere several times now with no success. As the box is connected via Powerline cables (which it was previously when working), just wondering if there has been some upgrade that now requires a faster data rate?

As my earlier post, I can still use the players via apps on my iPad, but that's no use to the rest of the family when I'm away and have my iPad with me.

Added to that, the box now seems to stop recording when I turn the TV off, which it hasn't done before. Wonder of anyone else has started experiencing this problem?

0 Ratings
tonymc
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Looks as if the problem has finally been solved. After reading through more posts on the YVM105 problem, the only thing left was to undertake a factory reset of the box which now seems to have resolved the problem with the various players. A side benefit (for myself at least) is that it has wiped 30+ recordings of Dance Moms.........!!!!!!

0 Ratings