cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband Checker vs. Samknows vs. Wholesale Checker!?

Hi guys, I'm worried.

My exchange is being upgraded to WBC on 30th November 2011 but I've just found something.

The BT Retail Broadband Checker on their website says 

17Mb28-February-2012

and yet the BT Wholesale checker says:

"Your exchange is planned to have ADSL2+ by 30th November 2011. Our test also indicates that your line currently supports an estimated ADSL2+ broadband line speed of 17Mbps; typically the line speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps. Our test also indicates that your line could support an estimated ADSL 2+ Annex-M broadband upstream line speed of 1.5Mbps and downstream line speed of 17Mbps; typically the downstream speed would range between 10Mbps and 19.5Mbps."

and Samknows:

21CN WBC status:

RFS date set : 30/11/2011

What does that mean?

Does it mean that BT Retail will not be selling the ADSL2+ Product until February next year!!???

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband Checker vs. Samknows vs. Wholesale Checker!?

Hi the Wholesale checker and Samknows agree the date I feel the retail checker is showing a later date as a precaution for delays expect theupgade email around that time but rememberonce the exchange upgrade has happened it can be from a few weeks to a few months after befor your line is migrated unless you go down the recontract route
0 Ratings
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Hi john,

Sigh of relief.

So do BT Retail offer the ADSL2+ product as soon as Wholesale turn on the MSAN and officially announce it as 'Enabled'?

I will be recontracting as soon as I know BT Retail are offering it.

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings
syops
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Easy way is to phone them and find out, I re-contracted due to a home move and was offered ADSL2.

From what I was aware at the time the Enabled date was only a week previous. As John touched on, the migration is given to re-contracting customers 1st, current customers have to form and orderly cue and wait 🙂

I advise having them be clear that re-contracting will get you on to the higher speed band just so if it comes about that you don't actually get it, you can get them to listen to the recording.

Worked for me on a slightly different issue but same call.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings