cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LongSword
Message 1 of 2

BT Broadband Customer Service (or lack of it)

Firstly - Hello, I'm Richard.

It's never a good way to start on a forum, with a rant, so I apologise in advance, and I'll try and keep the ranting to a minimum.

We have intermitent problems with wireless broadband.  We have a Gen 2 hub, which on the whole is OK but we have a couple of blackspots, unfortunately one where the laptop lives.

The signal is running @ an RSSI value of approx -75, with little interference.

We've spent the week trying to renegotiate the contract to get a Gen 3 hub, which I have to say has been the most frustrating experience.  Multiple phone calls, in excess of 10 hours on the phone, a different set of advice with every call, none of it consistent and some just downright stupid.  My wife spent at least 2 hours trying to explain why when we could get a full signal next to the hub and a poor one in the kitchen, the problem does't lie in the connection into the house, but must be in the router.  We gave up on that conversation after a couple of hours as we just couldn't make ourselves understood.

Finally, a couple of days ago a new router was agreed, due to arrive this Tuesday.  No sign of it arriving.  Same set of phone calls tonight - totalling 3 hours with the result they are now denying the router was offered or ordered, even though we have reference numbers for the conversation.  Now there is an engineer going to call in the next 24 hours............

Just an appaling lack of customer service.  I'm absolutely gobsmacked and have completely lost faith in this company.  Words fail me.  @BTcare on Twitter appear to be ignoring my tweets.  The whole thing is a complete travesty.

Sorry for the rant, but I am so frustrated and this appears to be the only way of making my voice heard, although I understand that this is a customer forum and not specifically monitored by BT staff.

Have run out of patience and goodwill.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Broadband Customer Service (or lack of it)

Hi LongSword,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I can check what's going on for you if you wish. Drop me an email with your account details, twitter name and a link to this post for reference. You'll find the contact us form in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings