cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT Broadband Desktop Help suddenly stopped launching

Broadband Desktop Help has been working fine for 3 months but I have been unable to launch it for the last 3 days. I have uninstalled and re-installed it but to no avail. I'm a broadband novice so woulkd welcome any help or suggestions.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Broadband Desktop Help suddenly stopped launching

My suggestion would be to uninstall it, then not reinstall it again.  Problem solved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

I agree with Ectophile, that software is more trouble than its worth....because its just not updated by BT to keep up with the Windows Updates and Patches...

Does that sound familiar Pammy?:-)

Abhishek Saxena
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Yes, it sounds very familar. There have been many Updates and Patches over the last few days and that was when my Desktop Help ceased to work. I've found it very useful over the last 3 months but BT do need to keep it up to date. Guess I'll just have to wait for the next version!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

I am having similar problems, together with Desktop Launcher but Hanging on occasions whilst undertaking connection checking.

I also experience problems when inserting wireless key and receive a message key was not recognised and having to insert the key again. This is not 'User error' as on each occassion I verify the entry before pressing enter.

Uninstalling and re-installing Broadband Desktop Help has not resolved the problem.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

You may like to try the instructions on the link below, which was written by one of the support people.

Problems with Desktop Help

0 Ratings