Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeTheGuru42
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Broadband Extenders and the BT Home Hub 6

Go to solution

I've just upgraded from the Home Hub 5 to the new Home Hub 6 and have (eventually) got everything working with one exception - I simply cannot get my BT Broadband Exdenders 500 to link to my Sky HD box. The worked perfectly with the HH5 but no amount of resetting, uninstalling etc. seems to work - the Data light NEVER, EVER comes on. Is there a known problem with compatability with the new Hub ?

Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Broadband Extenders and the BT Home Hub 6

Go to solution
I have the same extenders and have had no problems using them with the hub 6 as far as I know no compatibility issue exist
0 Ratings
MikeTheGuru42
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for that - good to know they work for some people. However, I still have the problem and have exhausted all the avenues I can think of. Maybe it is a setting on the Hub - hard to believe that all three have failed at the same time (although I'm only actually using two - the other is a spare).

0 Ratings
MikeTheGuru42
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I'm marking this as "solved" although it would be a truer statement to say it has been "resolved" !

I gave up on the BT Broadband extenders, having found a pair of "old" TP Link equivalents - plugged then in, paired them and two minutes later all was sweetness and light again.

Maybe I'll dig out the BT ones in the months ahead and try them again, but in the meantime, life is too short !

0 Ratings