Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT Broadband Upgrade

@Casterina wrote:

When I upgrade to BT Infinity, do I have to wait for few days for activation or will the broadband be on straight away as kids can't live without the internet 🙂

See here for more info 

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48324

Engineer has do things at the cabinet on activation day.

For Infinity 1 it is usually a self-install in the home. BT should tell you before hand if the engineer needs to visit your home for any reason. Also I think there is an optional £35 engineer-install if you would really rather do it that way (or is that only with BT TV?).

For Infinity 2 it is an engineer-install in the home.

When weighing up the costs note that Infinity 1 has a £30 activation fee that BT waive for Infinity 2. Also note that Infinity 1 includes 5GB Cloud storage and Infinity 2 includes 50GB if that is of any interest. I would still think that achievable speed would be the main factor though when deciding which to go for.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 25

Phoned BT up this morning, asked to change my current BT Broadband which is £13 for unlimited with discount being 12 years customer to BT Infinity 1 unlimited and the guy said it will be £26 with no discount, will ring BT later and hope for a nicer person

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

that seems to be a standard reply - there is no or very little discount on upgrade to infinity - not like the discounts available of adsl connections.  I think you will get the stock reply again

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 14 of 25

@Casterina wrote:

Phoned BT up this morning, asked to change my current BT Broadband which is £13 for unlimited with discount being 12 years customer to BT Infinity 1 unlimited and the guy said it will be £26 with no discount, will ring BT later and hope for a nicer person

Infinity 1 Unlimited is £23, Infinity 2 Unlimited is £26. Check the upgrade web page I linked to earlier. Sounds like the advisor got it wrong?

Because you haven't completed your current broadband contract minimum period (you said Oct 2014) then you are not in a strong position to negotiate as you can't just up and leave BT without early termination charges. If you waited until you had completed your current contract minimum period then you might get a better offer (especially if you say you are considering moving to a cheaper provider Smiley Wink ).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 25

Rang BT an hour ago and got Infinity 2 Unlimited for £24.65 as I was told my current exchange is in process of providing faster speed, well I can deal with £11 extra each month, good service BT! Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 25

infinity 2 is the fastest you will get unless fibre to home is on your exchange
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 25

Just received the BT Order details via email,

5.jpg

I paid £159.84 two months ago for 12 months for BT Line Rental saver but the new order shows £15.99 each month for line rental, is this a mistake?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

If I were you I would phone them back and confirm that you are not paying twice. It may be that you will get a credit shown on your bill every month but best to check.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 19 of 25

My recent order confirmation showed it like this and therefore not included in the monthly total, but I did pay for Line Rental Saver at the same time as making the phone+broadband+TV order. Not sure if that makes a difference to what it prints on the order confirmation.

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 25

Rang BT again and confirmed that the £15.99 for Line Rental is a mistake and my Line Rental Saver plan will carry on for another 10 months

The discount I was offered only lasts for 12 months during the 18 months contract but was adviced by the staff that I can ring back after 11 months to see if any cheaper deals are available for me to switch to

0 Ratings