cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
shinymac
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT Broadband Usage Meter : Wildly Innacurate ??

Hi All,

I am new here so please excuse me if I have posted this message in the wrong place !

I have been a BT Broadband Customer for many years, and after being on BT Total Broadband Option 2 for quite a while, I was told about 12 months ago by BT themselves that my usage was so low that I could easily drop to "Option 1" which they kindly did for me.

All has been ok and I have not exceeded my 10Gb quota, since I was dropped to that level, UNTIL LAST MONTH !  I got the usual email from BT warning me on 24th November, that I had used 7Gb of my 10Gb allowance. I wasnt duly alarmed by this as I new there was only a week left till the end of the month when I would get my new allowance. HOWEVER, imagine my horror when on 7th December, I get another email saying that last month I EXCEEDED my 10Gb allowance, and in fact had used 20GB  !!!  So they were stating that in the last 7 days of November I had alledgedly downloaded a massive 13GB of data. And furthermore my December download allowance was again, being eaten up at a ridiculous rate.

I found this unbelievable as my interent surfing habits have not changed significantly in the last year. I dont ever download movies, or audio, and any video clips I watch are only a few minutes long.

So what the **bleep** is going on ? I phoned BT but as their call centre is in India it was difficult to explain. I was advised to carry out a test and stay off the net altogether for 24 hours and then re-check my usage. This I did, and sure enough my usage HAD NOT increased. But, when I AM online, even just checking emails and browsing the net, all of a sudden my usage appears to be rocketing??

I have a laptop and a desktop PC but always try to only have one on at any one time.

Can anyone tell me how I can prove to BT that I am not downloading anywhere NEAR the amount of data that they say I am ? And does anyone have a DIRECT PHONE NUMBER to contact the right department with my concern ?

Thanks in Advance !

Derek

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT Broadband Usage Meter : Wildly Innacurate ??

there is a duiplicate post on speed/connection board and I have replied there

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings