cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 41 of 225

Re: BT Broadband Usage monitor LIES

No it wouldn't, but you can monitor it from now on on a daily basis, just take the usage quoted by BT's usage monitor today, that would be your usage up to midnight last night ,then tomorrow morning read todays usage on Networx and check to see if BT's monitor has increased by the same amount as Networx says you've used, Bt's monitor should have increased by the same amount as Networx says you've used.Smiley Happy

Del.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 42 of 225

Can I just say Im glad Im not the only person that thinks that BTs usage monitor lies.

Having recently upgraded to the 40GB limit I noticed that with one day to go I still had 5GB left which I thought id use up and download, so I downloaded 2 ish gigs worth of files plus usual web and email etc, today i look and the monitor says Ive gone over by 0.5GB, thats 5.5GB and nearly double what I think Ive used and Ill prolly be charged a fiver for 500mb of data. Obviously it comes down to my word against BTs monitor but I have to say I feel ripped off again, same thing happened when I was on the 10 gig limit which is why I upgraded.

Happy New Year BT!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 43 of 225

This really is poor.

It's time for BT to fix this and all the other related problems with user tools. 

There are shedloads of ACCURATE and RELIABLE and ALWAYS WORKING monitors available as FREEWARE from many sites.  I use NETMETER but there are many others.  This link http://www.softpedia.com/catList/194,1,3,0,1.html is useful

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 225

I use Networx,tbbmeter and BitMeter alongside the usage stats on the HHub.

Del.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 45 of 225

It's all very well installing software to monitor data usage on the individual computer. But what about all the other devices wirelessly connected to the hub - ipod, bt mobile phone, Internet radio receiver etc. They all add up.

I don't expect the extra devices to use too much of the data allowance or exceed it. In congested periods you are lucky if you can download much data at all. But I dread to think what would happen to BT Vision - an expensive service - if the BT data monitor were to make a mistake.

Ribblelancs 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 46 of 225

Yes you're right, that's why I monitor and record the usage stats on the Hub,that way I catch all the bandwidth usage.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 47 of 225

Precisely what I was saying.

It's time BT took responsibility for what they provide and got it fixed.

By the way - this came an hour back (today is 1st January 2012)

dateSun, Jan 1, 2012 at 6:31 PM
subjectImportant notice about your broadband usage
mailed-bybt.com
Important mainly because of the words in the message.

hide details 6:31 PM (1 hour ago)

BT

Your usage allowance is near its limit -
what you need to know

Dear Customer,

We thought you'd like to know that, so far in December, you've used more than 7GB of your 10GB monthly usage allowance for your BT Total Broadband Option 1 service.

In accordance with our Broadband Usage Policy, if you exceed your usage allowance, you'll be charged for additional usage in units of 5GB, at £5 per 5GB. Charges will apply from the second month that the usage allowance is exceeded. If you do exceed your allowance, we'll tell you at the end of the month and let you know the amount of any additional usage charges, which will be added to your next bill.

Great news! To help you keep track of your usage we provide a usage monitor which shows on a daily basis, how much of your allowance you have used and how much is remaining. To access the usage monitor you will need the log-in details for your online account. If you haven't set one up then you can register at www.bt.com/mybtor if you already have an online account click here to access the usage monitor.

To avoid usage charges, you can always upgrade to one of our broadband products with a higher usage allowance or go for unlimited usage. To upgrade please click here, or call 0800 707 6044 available 8am-9pm Monday to Friday and 9am-6pm on weekends.

For more information on usage allowances and charges, please see our Broadband Usage Policy.

Best wishes,

BT Total Broadband team

Please note that this is an automatically generated email for your information only. Unfortunately we cannot respond to 'replies' to this address.

Why this email was sent
This email was sent by BT to your email address because its content concerns one of your BT Services.

British Telecommunications plc. Registered office: 81 Newgate Street
London EC1A 7AJ
Registered in England No. 1800000.

This is the very core of BT Broadband.

If something like this is happening - what's happening elsewhere?

Cheffie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 48 of 225

Hi

Ive been with BT for a few months and for the first time Im over my 10GB limit by about 3.5.

I must say I am very surprised and have asked via email if I can be told where I might have used it,is it posible for them to tell?

Do I use up my allowance more by keeping my Blackberry wifi on?

Do I use more when using BBM through home hub wifi?

Yesterday,1-1-12 the usage bar says I used 0.56gb.what would I have expect to get from that?

I always thought and believed 10GB would be more than enough for this household.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 49 of 225

Can anybody say,roughly, what might one expect to get from 10GB?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 50 of 225

I'm glad I found this forum,makes me feel better as both my adult daughters and son in law with their iphones,laptops,ipad my Blackberry, all spent time with us through December and my usage has gone way over the 10GB which I didn't think could be right as only 2 rental movies were downloaded.

Has anybody else's usage gone up after declining telesales calls??

0 Ratings