Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

BT Broadband Username Not Activated!

Go to solution

Would just like to know if anyone has had the same trouble as me in accessing/logging-in to their Broadband Yahoo account?  I keep getting told by BT Yahoo my username either does not exist, is invalid or the e-mail has not been taken yet.  In Digital Vault I get told I don't exist and in BT FON I'm a nobody too!  I've had enough of BT Technical Team as they keep telling me to wait 2-3 days as it takes 'time' for my Broadband to be fully activated.  I've waited since connecting on 21st April to access my account and NOTHING! It's absoloutely ridiculous as e-mail should be one of the first things I can access!  Today again I was passed from pillar to post in the Customer Services Dept, even had a Tech guy use the shared access to my PC see for himself what's happening only to be told what I already know....  That my username has NOT BEEN ACTIVATED!!   Still nothing has happened.

Something tells me there won't be any problems at all with my direct debit details at the end of the month!

NOT HAPPY AT ALL!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
terry_nyorks
Beginner
Message 2 of 14

Re: BT Broadband Username Not Activated!

Go to solution

Hello Main Marion.

I've had a similar problem right at the set up stage, due to the operator setting up my name incorectly spelt. The result was I had to set up a correctly spelt e-mail address, but the original still remains as a 'prime user' - with a password I forgot totally and had to have it overridden.

See my post "Changing BTfon username & password" today. 

Now 2 years later, I now have to login to BTfon on the 'prime' (but wrong) username, and can't seem to change it.

Have you perhaps had a wrong 'prime' set up?

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

Hi maidmarion1973,

Sounds like a set up problem.  I'll find out what went wrong here and get it fixed for you.

Could you drop me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send using the contact us form in my profile under the 'about me' section.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution
Thanks I've just e-mailed you the details as directed.
0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

0 Ratings
maidmarion1973
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

Working now, at last  - Many thanks! 🙂

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
DMurray19
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution

I have the exact same problem and would love to sign up for BT FON but cant because "Username Not Active" 😞

0 Ratings
DMurray19
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I have the exact same problem and would love to sign up for BT FON but cant because "Username Not Active", please help!

Many thanks,

Donna

0 Ratings
Geoff_S_H
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution
Same problem. I have emailed you but of course will not receive an email reply to the btinternet address that I quoted 😉

I have temporarily registered a gmail account which is lodged iwith this username so you could get to me via that.
0 Ratings