cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dknight
Message 1 of 6

BT Broadband cold calling

My brother keeps being called by bt trying to sell him broadband - about 5 times in the last few months and they refuse to stop calling him even though asked to . He is not very well , his eyesight is at the level you get registered blind ( hence no need for broadband ) and he had an operation last week ( vitrectomy ) .If BT keep up this policy they are going to be as hated as Angliian Windows   

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
ronin22
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Broadband cold calling

yes and INDIA call about, "would i answer 3 questions", as they have my name-phone-address-e.mail address-(just like BT)

strange, I wonder what she wants, perhaps a date. Smiley Very Happy

ronin22

In the end we will all be star dust.
Then start all over again.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Hi dknight

Any of these will put a stop to it

If he's with BT, a quick call on 150.

Online (you should be ble to do this for him) - http://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/what/

Not a BT customer - register with TPS by dialling 0845 0700707

(However, does NOT stop overseas cold callersSmiley Mad)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Ocean
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

TPS are very good indeed. Since registering my BT-landline and BT-Hub the cold-calls-etc have stopped Smiley Happy

Now, if only I could persuade the postman to stop bringing me bills

. . . it must be remembered that the sea is a great breeder of friendship. Two men who have known each other for twenty years find that twenty days at sea bring them nearer than ever they were before, or else estrange them.
0 Ratings
Starman
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 6

Personally speaking I had the same issue and a quick phone call to BT India after taking around 10 minutes for the call centre person to understand my issue they updated my Cold Calling and I've not received any calls since.

----
BT Infinity (EASTF) 58.93/15.94 Mbps [IP Profile: 60.8/20 Mbps] using Openreach Modem & Billion BiPAC 7800N

0 Ratings
ronin22
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

bt is deeply involved with india.

http://www.globalservices.bt.com/globalLocation.do/About-us/Location/India/param/method/VIEW/country...

In the end we will all be star dust.
Then start all over again.
0 Ratings